Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking storage compartment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have my car yet and I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere...

I there any locking storage in the car to keep stuff out of the hands of valets? Does the car have a valet key and lock the glove box when it's in use?

For people wanting to keep some more items secure, it seems like a locking door for the compartment in the rear hatch (where the legs go when jump seats are installed) would be a nice third party opportunity.

There is no stock locking storage. The glove box latch is electronically controlled (e.g. it does not open when firmware is loading), so it could actually be added as a software feature as part of a "Valet" mode (see threads on that topic).

There is no stock locking storage. The glove box latch is electronically controlled (e.g. it does not open when firmware is loading), so it could actually be added as a software feature as part of a "Valet" mode (see threads on that topic).

That's interesting. I noticed that the button activates a solenoid to open the glove box, but just assumed it was a direct connection to the button.