Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking the FWD buttons...

Hubster

Jul 29, 2018
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, UK
Hi.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to disable the interior FWD buttons? I know the child lock function prevents the open button from working, but not the close button.

The reason I ask is that when I’m putting my 3yo into his seat he sometimes reaches forward and presses the close button; this isn’t when I’m still underneath (picking up his mess from the floor!)

Mrcook4590

Feb 9, 2017
Virginia
Do you have the seat back as far as it goes. It might help keep him away from the button. Otherwise, I'd ring Tesla to see if they know how to disable it from the rear.

outie

May 22, 2016
SoCal
There's no setting to disable completely. My then 4-yo now 5-yo and then 2-yo and now 3-yo girls were told not to touch the button and they seem to understand what no means after a few times.

You can always put a piece of hard plastic big enough to cover the button and put some painter's tape on top of it. I wonder if you can pop off the button without removing the trim.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC