Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Logged in to YouTube today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled up YouTube while sitting at a parking lot while my wife was in shopping. Just for giggles I clicked on the "log in" button... it let me put in my google account email... then it let me put in the password... then it sent a verification request to my phone and verified the I was me... and it worked!

I have NOT had a recent software update or anything like that. Only difference was the MYP was using it's internal data connection rather than being connected to my home wifi.

If others are now able to log in without a problem I would have to suspect that Tesla has communicated with YouTube and Google updating their security certification so this stuff actually works now!

Keith

Good news. You must have a special browser. Actually, I'm going to log out and see if I can log back in as you described. I don't use youtube that much anyway. Tesla can push updates anytime without known to the owner so who knows.

I drove from Boston to Saratoga NY on Wednesday. Stopped on the way home at the SC in Lee and decided to try and log into YouTube so I could watch YouTubeTV..to my surprise I was able to log into my YouTube account and was able to watch YoutubeTV. Hope others have some luck. I won’t sign out again.

I had a weird problem yesterday where the theatre apps (Netflix, YouTube) wouldn't show up. It was blank. Arcade was fine and I could play games. I had to go to the browers and navigate to YouTube.com.

A soft reboot didn't fix it.
FYI, if you're looking for a full reboot, do a wheel or tire change. Computer has known to go into a full stop.

I was able to log into YouTube for the first time since I purchased my car (almost 5 months) today while connected to my home wifi.
Well that indicates that it wasn't my change of location that allowed me to log in. If I had to guess, I would say that Tesla finally provided Google with security authentication for their system, so now we are able to log in.

Keith

Reactions: wynnek and Darmie
Now I need Tesla to update the keyboard so it supports special characters that I use for my password 🤣
Use your phone of laptop to change your password, log in on your Tesla, and then immediately use your phone or laptop to change your password back to the old special character using version... as long as you don't log out on the Tesla you should be fine right?

Keith

I was able to log into YouTube for the first time today too - none of the workarounds worked, but like @Fourdoor above, I tried today while sat waiting for my wife and it worked just fine - 2 level authorisation and in.

Interestingly, I later got an email from Google acknowledging I had successfully logged in from my new Linux device.

Reactions: BitJam and israndy