Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

London - Islington borough parking now 20p for unlimited time for EVs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, might be useful for other Londoners…

Islington borough has now joined Westminster in having a minimum charge amount, for unlimited stay up to the maximum bay time. So if you park in a street bay in Islington in an EV, you pay 20p and park up to the maximum time allowed by the bay. See Islington's page on this here: Pay for short stay parking | Islington Council

Note that the page doesn't specify a start date for this policy, but I was sent an SMS saying that this reduced EV parking rate applies from April 9th.

FH

Reactions: m-i-l and AnthonyLR
I’ve only just discovered this. With reference to Westminster, the council page doesn’t provide any information as to how this actually works. Do you literally just pay for 10 minutes and park for the maximum allowed in that bay?

Elmbridge in Surrey (Weybridge) went the other way: last year they offered free parking on all their parking lots but in December, they changed it into chargeable parking at normal rates. Seem to be a bit backwards compared to other places!