Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long distance commuter about to pull the trigger on a MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I commute 120 miles one way about 6-8 days monthly. Interstate miles.
The balance of my month, I commute 45-50 miles one way.

I live in Louisiana, were the winters are mild.

On the Long commute, the is a convenient supercharger near my destination.

On the shorter cummute days, I will have to rely on the supercharger a mile or two from my home and then make the round trip without recharging.

I have narrowed my search to a pre owned 2014 85KW. 19 inch tires.
No pano. Coil springs.

Listing my intended options in case they might have bearing on your answers.

My question (or concern) :

Am I making a sound decision based purely on my travel distance and charger locales?

Should the mild winters of 30-50 degree average greatly affect my ability to commute?

How much time can I expect to extend my current commute time when considering supercharging ?

Speed limit is 75, but what do you recommend aa an average doors on the highway for efficiency?

Thanks!

You should have an ample reserve for even the long commutes. The supercharger at the destination of your longer commute will probably cost you about half an hour at most to get you range to get home without concerns.

75 mph won't get you the best efficiency but given the distances being traveled, you likely won't be running out of charge even if you keep the hammer down the entire time. My view is that I'd rather save time than range when there are plenty of charging options available at the destination.

Reactions: Cooksomerice