Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long subscribed threads switch from "instant" notification to "none"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I checked on this thread using Go Advanced, for which I am getting notices, the subscription setting under Additional Options says "Instantly, using email".
My feeling is that the problem may be related to posts that I take a long time reading or composing a post to, and/or that I post another reply that gets auto-edited into my last post if no one else has replied after me. That was the case with the Hansjorg von Gemmingen thread. I'm not sure if that auto edit feature does anything useful, and it may be messing things up.

Let's see what happens when I add another post to this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess it was too long to activate the auto edit feature. This should do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, that's it, my notifications for this thread just changed to "None" after that auto edit.

So I guess there is no fix for this? Is the auto edit function really doing anything positive? Can it be disabled? Not only does it break the notifications if I post into a thread again before someone else does, it also causes multiple notifications of new posts if someone else makes a number of quick posts. Example, I got 7 email notices the other day after Dr Taras made 7 quick replies that got auto edited into one post. Formerly I'd only get one notice of a new post into a thread no matter how many there were, until I visited the thread. Plus in general I seem to get more notifications for the same thread even if a post is not auto edited. This never used to happen, and doesn't on other boards. Make this board much more cumbersome to use.