Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long time reader, Just picked up "Used" 2015 85D through Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the sweet ride! My 2015 S85 AP1 got 2019.8.4 update a couple weekends ago. Only change is that I got dog mode now and other than that everything is working good. 2019.8.x is slowly rolling out for sure.

Congrats in your beautiful car!

I also bought a used 2015 85D and had a good delivery experience from Westmont Chicago.

Order/payment was fair - not bad, just the usual stuff you read about when buying used.

But the delivery itself was very good. And minimal support needed since, has been good. The accessory battery gave the warning signal a month after a I got it. They sent a ranger to my home and replaced it for free. And that was smooth as well!

First off, this forum has so much valuable information. I decided to finally put a deposit down on the Tesla site for a 2015 85D on 4/1. Overall the experience was great, contrary to some of the horror stories I have read about buying used from Tesla. Just want to inform some readers and members that it's not always a bad experience. On to the experience and vehicle...

On 4/1 I placed a deposit on a 2015 Model S 85D
-Black / Black Next Gen
-27k miles
-Carbon Fiber Trim
-Sunroof
-Air Suspension
-Hi-Fi sound
-Premium Package
-4yr/50k CPO warranty

The pictures of the vehicle were not that great as everyone knows. Seeing as it did not have any damage pictured, it seemed like it was a pretty clean car. I am in Columbus and the car was in Chicago so I planned to fly out instead of pay $2k for shipping.

Communication was pretty great, even though I bounced around 3 different people contacting me about the sale and delivery. Longest non response from anyone was about 24hrs throughout the process.

Delivery Date was scheduled for 4/11, the uploads through the Tesla Portal were effortless.
When I arrived at the Chicago-Westmont location, the car was out front and looked great. Checked in, and walked out to see the vehicle. They had detailed the interior, and washed and waxed the exterior. Overall the car was in amazing shape for being 4 years old.

Issues with the car:
-1 very light scratch on the front bumper
-2 Good year Tires on the front, and 2 michelin in the back (both new, but spoke to the advisor about this and they are looking into it)
-Brake calipers are red and peeling (seems to be a bad aftermarket job, not a big deal)
-Car was not fully charged for the drive home
-I asked to have the software updated before I arrived ( it is still on 2018.50.6, not sure if this is the most current but it still has not updated)

I went ahead and took the car, with these minor issues and couldn't be happier. If any one has questions at all about the process, condition, or vehicle, feel free to ask. Once again thanks everyone for the extremely valuable content that is shared on this forum.View attachment 396327
Great choice of car. The 85 pack is a gem, fast charging. Old front still looks good with the black.

Reactions: David29