TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Long wait for RWD 70

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by brucet999, Aug 13, 2015.

1. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

I just looked at the Design Studio and noticed that all configurations except RWD 70 show delivery in late September; a 70 order delivers in late October.

Why would that be? Not battery, as 70Ds deliver in September. Not RWD, as 85s deliver in September.
    Is there a different inverter for each battery/motor combination?

2. richrootes

richrootes Member

Probably just like the 60s were about a year ago - waited ages for mine whilst more expensive models were being delivered all around me. Might also be because it's not an option many opt for, so they're made in batches....?

3. jsm

jsm Member

Someone in another thread also mentioned that it is the end of the quarter, so they want to get more expensive ones out the door before the end of September.

4. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Hmmm Maybe they do that with the cheapest model to "encourage" people to spec up.

5. lomli

lomli Member

I have been waiting 2 weeks for my 70d to start production and my Ds suggested that it will might be as along as 10 days more- frustrating to see the 85s and 90s start building even though I ordered before them... I was really hoping to have my new ride before i have a long road trip on the week of Labor Day but I'm worried that I won't get it before the end of September at this point.

Wheni ordered my delivery estimate was Late August, then changed to September after it confirmed.

Waiting is is the hardest part, right?

6. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Generally as the price goes up, the priority goes up. It's pretty much always been that way. P85s delivered faster than S85s in the early days.

It's partly an incentive to upgrade and partly a numbers game for the public company :).