TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Looking for used chademo adaptor

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by tommaso123, Jul 21, 2017.

1. tommaso123

tommaso123 New Member

As it says above , I would like to buy a used Tesla chademo adaptor . Anyone out there willing to sell ?

Or at least give me an indication

Thanks

2. arg

arg Supporting Member

3. Brunel

Brunel Member

Just be aware there are different versions and some of the older ones do not work consistently with newer facelift cars. Maybe Tesla would swap it for one that works, but if you have not bought it from them...

If you see a version on an advert then you could ring Tesla to check it will work with your model, but they do not always seem to know themselves.

4. DJP31

DJP31 Member

If it's a facelift car then the adapter needs to be a D version. You can tell by looking at the serial number.

5. tommaso123

tommaso123 New Member

Hi guys ,

thanks for your valuable info Arg .

My car is brand new ( 3 weeks ) and so I undrestand , I will need a " D version " ... I see .... I didn't know .... thanks ...

The like having different charging options , this is the reason behind my intention to purchease a chademo.....so If I can save some money all the better - I would only like to have it for peace of mind ....

The chademo will be used in Italy - but I think a Chdemo plug is the same all over Europe .

6. Brunel

Brunel Member

Just beware of the assumption that CHAdeMO is the same everywhere. It really depends on the rapid charger. In the UK it was only some rapid chargers that were affected. In Spain there are many CHAdeMO that do not seem to like any Tesla CHAdeMO adapter. Nothing to worry about since 99% will be fine across Europe, but before planning a long journey away from Tesla SuCs be sure to do your homework!

As most of your use will be in Italy, I strongly recommend you call your local Service Centre as they will be the experts.