Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in another thread, someone said that they were told that they will have metal, pano, and retractable pano roofs. From the reveal, it sounded like the pano would be a standard feature. If there is going to be a metal roof available, does that mean the glass roof will be a priced option? Or will you have your choice of pano or metal in the base price? (retractable undoubtedly would be a priced option)

So in another thread, someone said that they were told that they will have metal, pano, and retractable pano roofs. From the reveal, it sounded like the pano would be a standard feature. If there is going to be a metal roof available, does that mean the glass roof will be a priced option? Or will you have your choice of pano or metal in the base price? (retractable undoubtedly would be a priced option)
Nothing's free in this world. You want a double-paned tempered glass panoramic roof, it'll cost you!

From the reveal, it sounded like the pano would be a standard feature. If there is going to be a metal roof available, does that mean the glass roof will be a priced option? Or will you have your choice of pano or metal in the base price? (retractable undoubtedly would be a priced option)
Not all my predictions came true... As it seems this will be a notchback, standard issue trunk design with 60/40 split folding seats, after all instead of a liftback... But I was certain upon seeing the Model X that Model ☰ would have a Panoramic Windshield standard. I do not expect there to be a either an opening sunroof, or a closed metal roof 'option' on offer. I do believe it is a beautiful design overall. I do somewhat lament the tribute to Porsche on the front end. I would prefer something of a more Ferrari or Corvette bend instead. I personally love that there is no place to install a Landau top or other faux rolltop on the Model ☰.

You should know better than to pick the BEGINNING of the quarter for the countdown. December 31, 2017 should be the target!
I considered that, but deliveries should start well before the end of the quarter. However, since the first delivery quarter (Oct - Dec 2017) will almost certainly only be employee vehicles, perhaps a countdown to January 1, 2018 is more appropriate. At least we know that's the year we common folk will start receiving our Model 3's.

Got my reservation email today. So apparently previous owners not only got reservation priority, but the email also specifically states that they will get production priority. Not exactly a pleasing thing to read...

Tough to be too mad when they are literally the reason Tesla exists and is able to make it to the production of the Model 3.

There was so much information provided by Elon today on twitter my head is about to explode. A spaceship like driving experience and controls, .21 drag coefficient, more cowbells, tow rack, <5k AWD. It was an all day Q&A that is simply unprecedented. It is clear he is as excited as we are about the car, he is having trouble holding back. He wants to spill the beans. My guess Part 2 is coming sooner then we expect. Maybe as early is summer time next year. Crazy town!!

Augmented reality spaceship like driving experience sound pretty interesting. Was not expecting that one..

Reactions: Model 3
Tough to be too mad when they are literally the reason Tesla exists and is able to make it to the production of the Model 3.

I've said it before, I'm not mad at previous owners or the fact that they are getting priority. There's a difference between being "mad" and being disappointed, especially since I'm specifically referring to access to the tax credit. However, since I posted this, Elon finally specifically addressed concerns over the tax credit by non-owners. That's all I have basically been asking for.