Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to purchase my first Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. 2022 Tesla model 3 standard range plus. One owner and has 44.000 miles on it. Clean carfax. From a non Tesla dealership asking 34000 for it. Is this a good buy? Our too many miles for a 2022.
Thanks everyone and have a good day

Hello everyone. 2022 Tesla model 3 standard range plus. One owner and has 44.000 miles on it. Clean carfax. From a non Tesla dealership asking 34000 for it. Is this a good buy? Our too many miles for a 2022.
Thanks everyone and have a good day
As multiple people have said, Brand new with zero miles is either 41k (after destination fee), or 41k minus 7500 if you qualify for the tax credit.

Either with or without the tax credit, a new one seems to be a better deal. If you qualify for the tax credit, the new one is actually pretty much the same price (as your proposed vehicle with 44k miles on it in about a years time.

TL ; DR = No, I dont think its a good deal and I doubt many others would think so either. It would have to be like 10k cheaper for me to think it was a good deal.

The problem is that for any non-Tesla, the only way to "research the cost" is to spend the entire afternoon at a dealership and actually purchase the car before they will even tell you the price. So unless someone has bought a Tesla before, they likely don't know that the price is listed right on the website, and people shopping for used cars don't typically check the manufacturer's website, and don't typically cross-shop against new models of the same car.

Reactions: zoomer0056