Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like my Tesla Solar ride is over

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, so I didn't realize you were talking about about an aggregator not an actual company. I went through something like this in 2018 when I was starting to get serious about solar and went through a site like this. The companies I chose for actual quotes all ended up coming in way higher for various BS reasons related to either my service area or non standard installation requirements which were complete lies.

There are certainly scam aggregators, but many companies providing the quotes are legit/actual companies and from most everything I've seen, I'd say 90%+ are satisfied with the result/cost of that particular installing company and you get a lot of cost savings to boot with costs similar to Tesla. You still have to vet individual companies providing the quotes.

Back to OPs issue, the main problem is you simply have no options/discussion/negotiation if Tesla won't do it. It's impossible to actually talk direct to the Tesla solar designer. Another problem is you already wasted a few months waiting to be rejected (there are a lot of posts here about that).

OP should just get other quotes and use the aggregator above perhaps to see what's out there. Tesla isn't the only game in town is all I'm saying and if anything, you're more likely to get PTO faster when it's not Tesla (mine was in ~1 week) and one of the reaons why I actually avoided Tesla when I started my research.

Of course, some have had fast PTO here too, but you can search and see many complaints.

Last edited:
With that waterline did the water meter had to be changed to 1 1/2" size? If so, I bet your base rate is higher because of that larger meter. Yes, youir usage would not automatically increase but because of that larger meter, the base connection fee is usually based on the meter size, not the waterline.
I used a 2" water line from 5/8" meter to house than 1" main line in house then to 3/4"and 1/2" .
Sorry to OP but adding to this side discussion in my city (Visalia, CA) base water rate is lower for homes with fire sprinklers …. 1” meter base rate $11.29 / mo w/ fire sprinklers vs $25.90 / mo without … both homes I’ve lived in had fire sprinklers , previous built 2013 current home built 2018 had 1” meters … current home 1” meter goes into a 1.25” pipe as it goes to home then that is split into two 1.25” pipes one servicing only toilets and fire sprinklers other servicing rest of home

Reactions: charlesj
I agree that Tesla isn't a friendly company to work with when your install requires extra attention nor when you need customer service, but they are a massive company that is likely to be around through the years. Solar installers don't have a great track record for longevity, recent examples of large bankruptcies include Solar4America/Peterson Dean and Pink Energy/Power Home Solar I would expect that small installer lifespans are far worse.

If your installer goes out of business good luck getting anyone else to touch your system for upgrades or maintenance.
100%. We had a contract with PetersonDean (P-D) for a standard tile roof plus solar. But then they started going unresponsive on us. At the same time Tesla announced Solarroof V3. We liked the tech so went further with Tesla. They took about 10 days to give a quote within $1K of P-D. We added another $11K or so for 2 Powerwalls to the Tesla project. We called P-D and left a message letting them know where we were not going with them. No one ever called us back. About 2 months after Tesla finished our install P-D filed for bankruptcy. We never did get the $500 or so we put down with P-D back. But I consider that getting away cheap.

Reactions: charlesj and brkaus