Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like price increased 500 just now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, as I still have my original order in but we're also looking at getting another one.

TMY-48k-Order-Price.jpg

I've already locked in the MYP for $60k because I don't mind spending/wasting $100 to secure it. If the LR price ever drops back under $50k, then I'll order that instead. But at this rate, if the LR price goes over $53k then I'm just going to buy the MYP for a few bucks more.

Where are you guys seeing that these are more likely? Seems like the green act is not getting traction
Just a guess based on 3 price increases in a row each separated by 14 days. May not be due to Green Act. Could be simply adjusting price based on demand.

That's not inflation. That's a screwed up short-term market that was disrupted by a pandemic. Prices will eventually reset because the global auto industry is fiercely competitive. Suppliers will ramp up production, auto manufacturers will ramp their production back up, etc. I will almost certainly be able to wait it out.
Here you go:

Reactions: john85775
The past few increases have been on thursday evenings
The price did not increase this Thursday because I made sure to place my order on Wednesday, to beat the Thursday price increase that was surely coming.

You're welcome.

(If you want to know when the price is about to drop massively, I'll let you know the moment my payment process has completed...)

So what do we make of such an obvious pattern of price increases, 500 every two weeks four times in a row now?

Clearly the price is on the way up, and gradual is better than abrupt, but I wonder why Tesla chose to make the pattern so regular that buyers can't help but notice and anticipate it like this.

What could this mean?