Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like price increased 500 just now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
maybe they were planning on doing price hikes until they saw a dip in demand.

Now they know a proper functioning AP is worth > than $2k in customers mind...

Do you all think tesla will start shipping without AP at all and add that as an option?

1623290686012.png

Or there's a possible tax credit coming that could cause people to hold off on their likely completely unnecessary purchase, and Tesla wants to put pressure on people to Buy Now, as well as to get more profit if the credit is reactivated.
There is definitely a possibility for a tax credit, but I believe the true economics is supply & demand and inflation throughout the car industry. Why else are used cars/trucks selling for more than their original MSRP? My trade-in value for my 2018 with less than 20k miles has gone up about $3,000 since March. That's crazy for a ~$20,000 car. The MY only increasing $2,500 since then is a much lower percentage, which seems tame compared to used cars right now.

Reactions: orion2001
There is definitely a possibility for a tax credit, but I believe the true economics is supply & demand and inflation throughout the car industry. Why else are used cars/trucks selling for more than their original MSRP? My trade-in value for my 2018 with less than 20k miles has gone up about $3,000 since March. That's crazy for a ~$20,000 car. The MY only increasing $2,500 since then is a much lower percentage, which seems tame compared to used cars right now.
Agree. There's a shortage in used cars, rental cars, and new cars - and prices are rising across the line. Tesla is no exception. Most likely very little to do with the potential EV incentive for Tesla, which is somewhat unlikely at this point.
Or there's a possible tax credit coming that could cause people to hold off on their likely completely unnecessary purchase, and Tesla wants to put pressure on people to Buy Now, as well as to get more profit if the credit is reactivated.
Tesla pressuring people to buy now is somewhat unlikely, since there's already an overwhelming level of existing demand that Tesla cannot keep up with. Not until new factory is fully ramped. New June orders now have September delivery estimates. If anything, increasing prices reduces number of new orders, and Tesla really needs people to delay their deliveries, since three month wait time does not improve customer experience.

Reactions: sgalla04