Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks Like They Fixed the Front of the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is being discussed in another thread, Front End... Hmmmmmm, but it seems kind of buried in there. I think this deserves it's own thread. This is big news. The front shown at the reveal was really disappointing.
C7sZwvZXwAApSRd.jpg

Last edited:
I did an overlay of the original prototype over the video and posted on model3ownersclub this weekend
The front has had significant work beyond just rounding out the nose.

Sorry but I call b#lsh#t. You can't possibly work this out. What was the original shot on, from what angle, what lens, what lighting? What was the tweeted video shot on, what lens, aperture, angle, etc, etc, etc?! Cameras, phones, lens and lighting can be incredibly tricky when it comes to angles and dimensions. IMHO the front end is exactly the same as what was shown at the reveal.

I don't think you can really tell anything from a black car on a grainy video at a bad angle. I vaguely recall, if my memory is being honest with me, Elon saying something once about a minor tweak they wanted to make on the front end. I suspect it's slightly revised, but still basically the same.

Reactions: Zaphod
About the only change I could possibly discern is the leading edge crease, top of the "duck bill" as some called it, is more rounded and not a sharp crease. Rest looks the same to me. And as other point out, grainy, poorly lit video of a black car does wonders to mask fine details.

Reactions: Big-T and smythey
Based on recent sightings, it appears the blunt, unadorned nose is cloe to finalization. It still loos like one of those old amphibious cars to me.

IMHO some design detail on the nose of the car is badly needed.is badly needed

Attachments

• Amphibious car.jpg
    Amphibious car.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 81
  • blue-tesla-model-3-front-wide-apr-25-17.jpg
    blue-tesla-model-3-front-wide-apr-25-17.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 85