TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Los Angeles air pollution drops after tailpipe laws

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by gg_got_a_tesla, Jun 4, 2013.

1. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

Jan 29, 2010
    Redwood Shores, CA
  2. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Rome (Italy)

Nice. This is the evidence that when the Authorities take anti-pollution actions it works. Everybody (Authorities, Governments, automakers, car users and so on) should make any efforts to decrease air pollution. I think that altogether we will win the struggle to decrease air pollution and have a better world.
  3. ipdamages

ipdamages Roadster Sports 835 & 972

Sep 25, 2011
    Southern California
    Thanks for the link, gg. And I agree with Raffy and you and everyone else. Great news.

I used to get frustrated when people wouldn't do what I thought was the "right thing." Then I realized you get what you incentivize, and it's nice to see that in action - especially on something I value, like, say... the air my family and I breathe! Incentivizing may be with a carrot, or with a stick. Or you can take the carrot and use it as a stick.
  4. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I grew up there in the 60s and 70s. I remember many "stage 3" smog alerts. Teachers wouldn't let us go outside for recess on those days. I have empathy for people that have to live and breathe the Mexico City and Bejing air. Hopefully the EV revolution will improve all our lives