Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lose 2 Miles of range overnight?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model S owner and I noticed the miles of range drops 2 miles every night. What is drawing energy overnight? It's not something I'm concerned about, just wondering. We've had 85 degree temps in Florida and thought that energy is being used to cool the battery?

New Model S owner and I noticed the miles of range drops 2 miles every night. What is drawing energy overnight? It's not something I'm concerned about, just wondering. We've had 85 degree temps in Florida and thought that energy is being used to cool the battery?

Pretty normal, and just the same as mine. MS is still keeping tabs on battery condition, keeps some antenna on in case your FOB comes near, and wakes up occasionally for other things, including ability for you or Tesla to reach it if you e.g use the Tesla App from your smartphone. Don't worry with it. If you want more info on this, do some searches on "Energy Saving", "Vampire Loss"... Many other threads on settings and this subject, but with your 24-hr drain, you likely have optimum settings already in place. Enjoy that MS!