Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Losing AP after supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new two week old MS75 and running into an intermittent issue that I don't see being reported earlier(?). I am on 17.16.35 - not sure why the latest version was not installed before delivery.

I have Supercharged 5 times so far -30-100mi charges . Couple of times right after sc I see ap disabled. No lines, speed limit, nothing. Except for object detection. Tried rebooting, restarting. Only way so far was to head back and reconnect at SC for a min and AP got enabled.
Any ideas.

I have a new two week old MS75 and running into an intermittent issue that I don't see being reported earlier(?). I am on 17.16.35 - not sure why the latest version was not installed before delivery.

I have Supercharged 5 times so far -30-100mi charges . Couple of times right after sc I see ap disabled. No lines, speed limit, nothing. Except for object detection. Tried rebooting, restarting. Only way so far was to head back and reconnect at SC for a min and AP got enabled.
Any ideas.
This has all the signs of your AP computer crashing 3 times in a row and entering disabling state until it's turned off.
Possibly due to overheating (no user visible logs to confirm, but Tesla gets a report).
I noticed when supercharging that pretty soon into it fans start screaming like crazy so I imagine on marginal builds or in real hot weather
overheating might indeed occur.

Let the car cool some and then turn it off from the cid, wait about 2 minutes (once you hear a sudden loud fan noise from glove compartment area that lasts about a second or two and disappears - you know the AP computer was turned off. Wait 10 more seconds press the brake pedal and if the temperature dropped low enough already, things will work as expected until the rest of your drive.

I guess another interesting experiment is to turn up AC cooling to 11 and see if that helps, which would then confirm APE overheating theory.

Last edited: