Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost FM Radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[yes, i searched forum w/o success]

About 2 weeks, while on a road trip, I lost FM radio. Since traveling, was listening to podcasts anyway, so no worries.

Got home, still no radio, tried reboot, even hard reboot (brake pedal) - nothing.

Knew v28 was forthcoming, figured I'd wait. Got 28 the other day, still no FM radio.

Opened service request. Found others on local forum (FB) without radio. Anyone have solution to this? Went out prior to new software. Very confused and would love my radio back.

When press "radio" icon, just get a spinner, like a "loading state" for a website. Pressing any buttons for presets/favs or anything else does not tune the radio into a station

possible loose connection? someone found the module in the headliner although why not just schedule an appt?

I was waiting to see if new SW addressed; last night I did schedule an appt (4 wks out). I have read at least 2 other ppl having this issue. If loose connector, def need service to address; if software issue, perhaps someone else already figured out soln.

After the appt, I'll let everyone know the remedy.

Nearly a month later after one cancelled appointment (part not delivered), Tesla mobile service came this morning and replaced my FM tuner. It's in the headliner above the rear passenger seat. Once swapper, FM radio works again.

Local tech said he'd replaced 2 others "this week" and from this thread, a local FB group and the official Tesla forums, I have seen at least a dozen people with this same issue. Wondering if they got a bad batch from their supplier or had a bad spate of installs.

Very strange. Here's hoping the new one continues to work long term now...

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset and afadeev
Nearly a month later after one cancelled appointment (part not delivered), Tesla mobile service came this morning and replaced my FM tuner. It's in the headliner above the rear passenger seat. Once swapper, FM radio works again.

Local tech said he'd replaced 2 others "this week" and from this thread, a local FB group and the official Tesla forums, I have seen at least a dozen people with this same issue. Wondering if they got a bad batch from their supplier or had a bad spate of installs.

Very strange. Here's hoping the new one continues to work long term now...
When was your car built? Find that on the Driver door sill sticker.

[yes, i searched forum w/o success]

About 2 weeks, while on a road trip, I lost FM radio. Since traveling, was listening to podcasts anyway, so no worries.

Got home, still no radio, tried reboot, even hard reboot (brake pedal) - nothing.

Knew v28 was forthcoming, figured I'd wait. Got 28 the other day, still no FM radio.

Opened service request. Found others on local forum (FB) without radio. Anyone have solution to this? Went out prior to new software. Very confused and would love my radio back.

When press "radio" icon, just get a spinner, like a "loading state" for a website. Pressing any buttons for presets/favs or anything else does not tune the radio into a station
I just experienced the exact same problem. A hard reset restored the radio. I lost my Spotify login at (or about) the same time so I suspect a software vs hardware issue.

This happened to me at least three times in the past few weeks. Got the spinner icon when selecting FM, while everything else worked fine. I don't think I even rebooted; just listened to something else and it worked the next time I tried. Nice to know I wasn't the only one.