Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost my AP after 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue on my end. AP worked fine for the first day on 16.2, but then the next day when I got into the car the high beams were on randomly (I life in a city and never turn them on, so definitely wasn’t left on by accident)

Then when I when to engage AP I got an error that cruise control wasn’t available.

Tried multiple resets to no success.

Tesla said the same to me. Firmware bug and that they’ll fix it.

Miss my AP on my morning commute for sure

If you're a TeslaFi user, you can go to TeslaFi -> Settings -> Sleep Settings and have your car sleep when idle and deep sleep when charging overnight. This has helped me, and the problem hasn't recurred for the last 5 days. (I'm on 2009.12, but I hear it's likely the same issue in 2019.16).

While manually putting your car to deep sleep is good, but there's no positive confirmation that the car actually went to sleep, which can be frustrating. Is there really no way to verify that it went to deep sleep?

I guess if you have a TeslaFi account, you can set it up to e-mail you when the car has gone to deep sleep, so at least there's a positive confirmation that something happened.

I am so f***ing mad right now. Tesla support sucks ass. They won’t resend my firmware. It’s been 3 days and no signs of fixing my AP. I love this company and I’m a loyal brand ambassador but f**k they are letting me down. Anyone else know another way I can fix this. I don’t feel like I need to wait for engineering to diagnose it. We know what the issue is. Just resend my firmware.

Both my father and I had the same issue and it was easily fixed by a full power down, waiting 2 minutes and then pressing the brake pedal to restart. Car must be parked when doing this. If u don’t know how to power down the car, read the manual.
It sounds like the Resend The Patch Stone Soup worked for him, already.

Often the vehicle will go through the same state overnight as with a full power down.