Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to get Eibach springs, do you guys know an installer in Santa Clarita, CA?

I've installed coilovers and springs on my old cars before but I don't have a spring compressor. Apparently the spring compressor you can rent from Autozone will not work. Plus I don't have time now and I'm too lazy to do it myself.

Thanks for the heads up. My email said that these were excluded from their sale but my order went through. Ill be sending back my UP mild springs.

I also ordered a set and got the 10% discount. Great deal! Can't wait to get them installed! After the springs are installed, I plan on getting my sport wheels powder coated gloss white with red calipers and ceramic coated.

yeah, looks like the discount should only apply to the 2WD/RWD since it says it excludes the AWD/Performance springs, but if it goes through, then great!

Can't wait to get get them and installed. Will post up some pics afterwards too.

Last edited:
Reactions: follow.johnny
yeah, looks like the discount should only apply to the 2WD/RWD since it says it excludes the AWD/Performance springs, but if it goes through, then great!

Can't wait to get get them and installed. Will post up some pics afterwards too.

Correct, discount is for RWD springs only. I just got notified that my order already got shipped. I’m in SoCal and will try to schedule to get it lowered sometime next week. I’ll post pics too!

Take it nice and slow on those speed bumps people. I was scraping these not so scary wide speed bumps at CPK parking lot in Glendale. Had to attack it on an angle.
My family is on the skinny side so kicking them out of the car to go over these wouldn’t have helped, hehe..

AA8FE9ED-EECD-42AC-AC09-5C6C13E1F320.jpeg

9E37EB65-944A-4951-A7C4-8CF41EC8ED0C.jpeg

Just came back from Big SoCal Euro and had an interesting interaction with the Airlift reps.

I asked if they where planning air suspension for the model 3. They got excited because they said there’s been a lot of people asking about the model 3.

Anyhow here is the request for them to design a kit... if there’s a lot of interest they’ll get to work on it sooner rather than later.

New Kit Request

We'd be happy to get you a set of comfort coilovers! Thanks for thinking of us.

3) We've got a big spacer test coming soon where we will be plotting efficiency vs spacer thickness. We will publish that data along with photos so that people can make an educated decision. We may or may not sell our own spacers, but at least we think people should know the kind of efficiency affect they are having on their car by poking the wheels out too far :)

Any updates on the spacer test? Also wondering if 5mm slip-on spacers will fit ok?

Just purchased a set of TSportline Lowering Springs (1 inch drop). Looking for a local installer if possible, another member posted Auto Talent in Torrance with a great deal ($325) but it's a bit too far for me atm.

Have anyone else find any reputable shops that can install springs? I'm located in Inland Empire (Riverside/Fontana) and willing to drive 25-30 miles for install. Thanks!

Just came back from Big SoCal Euro and had an interesting interaction with the Airlift reps.

I asked if they where planning air suspension for the model 3. They got excited because they said there’s been a lot of people asking about the model 3.

Anyhow here is the request for them to design a kit... if there’s a lot of interest they’ll get to work on it sooner rather than later.

New Kit Request

I saw this on Instagram

Universal Air Suspension.co on Instagram: “#tesla #teslamodel3 on #universalair #uas #solutionseries #airstruts #boltin”

Reactions: pandam3
Looks so so awesome! Can you kindly refer me to the installer you used for the UP Moderate springs? I’m also in the Bay Area. Would also love to know how much they charged and if you got alignment at the same time or after springs settled a bit. THANK YOU!

Hey! I got the springs installed at "California Wheels" in Campbell. They did install & alignment for $500, which was by far the best value I could find in my area: California Wheels - Campbell, CA

Makes me with I had saved my Vossen CVT's in a similar color from my Lexus part out, but I had no idea it shared the same bolt pattern of my model 3.

Most wheels with 114.3 bolt pattern are (in my opinion) overly JDM looking, which (again, in my opinion) doesn't quite match Teslas. I was searching for ~4 months for a set of wheels that I liked. I had no clue these wheels existed (never heard of Rennen before finding these). I was about to purchase a set of new Forgiatos Flows, but then I found these on ebay literally 2 days before I was going back to California Wheels to purchase the Forgi's. Besides "finding" my wife, these wheels are the best find of my life.