Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, I've been talking to Zack at Universal, his install is pretty sick as he is using the empty motor spot to house all the equipment.
That’s sic... Curious if he had to cut the frame rails to get it to lay frame like that (I think that’s the term kids use these days).

Also curious of the kit is tuned to preserve or even improve handling? Does it come with adjustable camber plates? Monotube shocks? Tuned bags to mimic spring rates?

I just finished installing TSportsline lowering spring. To answer a question about using Autozone spring compressor, yes it works. Since the front is linear, the spring compressor works fine for removing and installing. You don't need to use a special spring compressor.

Not sure why I see lots of people say the front is hard. It's not really more difficult than installing on other cars except for the removing the frunk stuff. Removing the frunk was easier than I thought. The tough part is finding a 13mm socket that is thin enough to remove the bolt for the strut seat. I had to grind one down. The other tricky thing is the strut seat doesn't spin and the bolt distance are not symmetrical. You have it line it up kind of close to original to put it back. Everything else is easy and straight forward.

I took videos and plan to post a DYI with the gotchas that I encountered.

I used Auto Talent near the Torrance area and they installed these exact springs in about 2.5 - 3 hours. Contact Justin @ Auto Talent, I'm sure he can hook you up with the same price he gave me ($325)

Just dropped off my Model 3 to get lowered at Auto Talent this morning. Lowering with TSportline Springs (1 inch drop)

IMG_8003.jpeg

Justin is sending me photos as they work :D Will post new photos and full shot of car once it's completed.

Reactions: tracksyde
I installed the Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs and I LOVE them. The car rides just as good as it did stock but handles better in the corners. There are no problems with speed bumps or anything like that because it’s not THAT low.... it’s just low enough to look right! This is how the Model 3 should come from the factory!

View attachment 327424 View attachment 327425 View attachment 327426 View attachment 327427 View attachment 327429 View attachment 327430

Perfection. This is how I plan to mod my future 3. Saw your youtube video...

Any updated HQ pics? One of the sickest Model 3's on the road

Just got mine dropped with TSportline Springs (1 inch drop)

• Installed at Auto Talent in Gardena, CA (Auto Talent - Gardena, CA)
• Price: $325 OTD
• 3-4 hours for install
• Contact Justin for details (If you want to mention me that would be great)

For those who might ask – here are the other mods I've done:
• Full front PPF (3M Scotch Guard)
• Ceramic Coating entire car (Ceramic Pro 9H) - 5 year warranty
• 35% All around Suntek CIR (Ceramic Tint)
• Front Windshield 70%
• Gloss Pearl White - color match painted 19" Stock Wheels
• Red Calipers with Tesla decal
• Front/Rear red emblem decals

IMG_4408.jpg

Do any of these manufacturers have an installation guide pdf? Every shop I call are afraid to work on a Tesla because of the "electronics". If I provide instructions it might ease their mind when they see how straight forward it is.
No electronics involved.

Basically lift car, take off wheels, take on frunk cover (bunch of tabs and couple bolts), unbolt suspension assembly, use spring compressor, replace new springs, cut bumpstop if so desired, and reverse steps to put back on.

The shop should know this though... akin to them afraid of electronics when changing brake pads... tires... topping of wiper fluid...

Reactions: amoney805
Do any of these manufacturers have an installation guide pdf? Every shop I call are afraid to work on a Tesla because of the "electronics". If I provide instructions it might ease their mind when they see how straight forward it is.

No installation guide for TSportline Springs but the shop that did my install said the suspension is exactly like an Audi RS5 if that helps bu t any trained mechenicals should be able to install them but I would recommend finding a shop that is reputable and experienced with Teslas in general.

Does anyone know if UP ever updated their springs (esp DR moderate) to fix the rake issue? Or any recent installations to verify?

Mine are on backorder and after a bit of research I'm concerned about uneven ride height, and may switch to another brand or coilovers if not confirmed to be solved across the board.

Reactions: MountainPass