Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20190509_163708.jpg
20190509_163721.jpg
20190509_163702.jpg
20190509_163654.jpg

Anecdotally, its within 15% of stock spring rates, i do not think the car was too firm to begin with. A lot of old men seem to be complaining. Eibachs are progressive rate springs. it takes a few weeks for springs to settle but it wont be anything significant. My new wheels will arrive at the beginning of june and will take more pictures.

Few shots after a hand wash. had the sun on the correct side of the vehicle to help highlight the wheel gaps.

Just installed my TSportline springs and added 15mm spacers from BLOX Sport. Looking good?

I think it's just the right amount of drop plus offset to balance it.

View attachment 316666 View attachment 316667 View attachment 316668

Loving the look and blox sport spacers seem like the fave around here... Does someone have a direct link to the blox sport 15mm spacers & 20mm spacers? The site is not so simple and the phone number is an international one.

Loving the look and blox sport spacers seem like the fave around here... Does someone have a direct link to the blox sport 15mm spacers & 20mm spacers? The site is not so simple and the phone number is an international one.
i have the 15/20mm set. ill be selling once my new wheels come in. I paid 200 for them and only used the 15mm in the rear but i am tempted to install the 15mm in front and 20mm in rear. It will look perfect with that setup. the 5mm front and 15mm rear is still too tucked for my taste.

Let me know if you want to work something out.

i have the 15/20mm set. ill be selling once my new wheels come in. I paid 200 for them and only used the 15mm in the rear but i am tempted to install the 15mm in front and 20mm in rear. It will look perfect with that setup. the 5mm front and 15mm rear is still too tucked for my taste.

Let me know if you want to work something out.
Sounds good. I’m in the market for some as I just picked up the t sportline springs, literally from their warehouse.

View attachment 405987 View attachment 405989 View attachment 405990 View attachment 405991

Anecdotally, its within 15% of stock spring rates, i do not think the car was too firm to begin with. A lot of old men seem to be complaining. Eibachs are progressive rate springs. it takes a few weeks for springs to settle but it wont be anything significant. My new wheels will arrive at the beginning of june and will take more pictures.

Few shots after a hand wash. had the sun on the correct side of the vehicle to help highlight the wheel gaps.
Lowered 3 on the P 20’s look sooo good.

Reactions: SkyWalk3r
ah... Blox Sport email support says the website isn't updated to reflect the 15mm spacers

I see a few of these for sale on the bloxsports ebay store but they all say they don't fit the Performance model (even though some of the listings title's mention performance.)

Also, can someone show me a picture of a the back of the 20" performance wheels? The 15mm spacers definitely have bolts that rise above the spacer and I want to ensure there are depressions between the lug holes. My car is ordered but has not arrived yet.

Just got my new shoes on today, which means I'm going to sell my 18's Aeros (only 600miles on them)+center cap kit/lug nut covers and 15mm/20mm blox spacers.

DM me if interested. Bay area based transaction only for the wheels but I can ship the spacers.

Eibach springs | Vorsteiner VFF-107s 20x9 (245/35) 20x10.5 (285/30) | Falken FK510
View attachment 409046

That looks good. Did you lower your car as well?

This reminds me that I have my brand new 18'' wheels and tires sitting in my garage since I got my car lol... I guess I need to sell them as well haha

I finally was able to get an Eibach set for my LR AWD M3 in Europe (The Netherlands) and it was installed today. :)
The guys did the lowering of a model 3 for the first time but they did a great job! (about 3 hours)

Also got my 20 inch JR wheels installed. (Front: 8.5J - 235/35/20 offset +35, Back: 10J - 275/30/20 offset +40)

For now I only tested the ride home but it is pretty good, better in the corners and no bumps or whatsoever.
A little stiffer but certainly not to stiff.
And of course better looks ;)
Very satisfied! :)

Lowering1.JPG

Lowering2.JPG

Lowering3.JPG

That looks good. Did you lower your car as well?

This reminds me that I have my brand new 18'' wheels and tires sitting in my garage since I got my car lol... I guess I need to sell them as well haha

Thanks, and yes, lowered on Eibach’s. Very happy with the ride quality and how it sits. I wasn’t a fan of some other vendor’s springs where the rear appeared to be lower than the front.

Thinking of lowering Oreo but unsure even where to start as I have never done this to any other vehicle before but think the stance will be much improved.

Are you guys doing like an inch or so? i think it will complete the car perfectly as it sits too high even with the 19s.

Do you just order the product online and find a reputable dealer? What kind of place does this, tire shops etc?

Thoughts on the look?

60331532_2564251336932751_6870246823601111040_o.jpg

T Sportline AWD Springs with 15mm/20mm BloxSport 7075-T6 spacers installed at AutoTalent in Gardena... went with T Sportline, since Unplugged Performance never got back to me, via email and voicemail... their Mild Springs were my 1st choice... but, maybe it was a sign, as I'm very happy with this setup (as I'm not 16 anymore and don't need a car slammed)... was really looking, like others, to close that wheel gap and keep it looking OEM-ish, like a Alfa Romeo Giulia. I have a parking bump stop in my garage so you can see that the front under rubber barely touches it... which at first bothered me, but then I realized that the rubber underneath is flexible and I'm going ~1mph at that point. Appears to clear other parking stops, but haven't attempted. Looking to get an alignment once springs settle... keeping 18" aero for now, as I drive a lot, and it'll keep tire costs down.. plus these tires are quieter, per some YT reviews, than other stock tire options. Ride quality is very similar to stock, have only tested with 1 other adult occupant riding shotgun.

Stormy_at_AutoTalent_02.png

Clearance over parking stop, tires have about 9k on them
Stormy_bump_stop.png