Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the price of 60kWh to 75kWh upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think that this in turn will reduce the cost of the post purchase battery unlock/upgrade for the current owners of the software locked 60s?

No. But it will probably reduce the cost for owners that purchase under the new pricing program. (I suspect this is part of why Tesla moved the upgrade from the store site to the My Tesla site so that they could offer individual prices depending on your situation.)

I just read a post ( https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/14/tesla-model-s-60-price-increase/ ) that states the price of the base Model S 60 will increase by $2k. Do you think that this in turn will reduce the cost of the post purchase battery unlock/upgrade for the current owners of the software locked 60s?
Good question. When I heard about the upcoming $2000 price increase, I figured it was an effort to recover some of the costs of the 75 kWh battery and to also make the price of the 60 closer to that of the 75. That might encourage some buyers to just go ahead and change their order to a 75. I assumed that the upgrade price to go from 60 to 75 would be lowered accordingly but I guess we don't have any confirmation of that yet.

i originally ordered a 70, then downgraded to a 60 so that I could use the rebate money to upgrade. I am now upgraded to the full 75kWh and to me it is not worth the price. I went from a full charge at 208 rated miles to 243 rated miles for $9540 dollars. Realistically I've gained about 25 extra miles on road trips.