Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loyalty discount on inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little confused on the loyalty program.

It seems to suggest I have to initiate the purchase through the App. The App, as far as I can tell, doesn't show inventory items. The browser website does, but then do I get the loyalty bonus? Anyone know?

One way is to take delivery by the end of the year. That has nothing to do with the loyalty thing... that's just the current promo.
Thanks I ordered on Dec 3rd, for a car coming in transit (inventory car) o have the vin number already to my location, every few days it get pushed back from Dec4th to now Dec 7 to Dec 16th now. All paperwork is done except final payment which I pay upon inspection of the vehicle when scheduled for pick up. Now it just the waiting game. Car is insured but not yet delivered. So annoying.

That better not be my experience! They told me I had to pick a window of the 13th, 14th or 15th (I wanted the 21st). I picked the 14th and I've got airfare and accommodations booked. I'm going to be there. The car had better be as well.

Interesting about "car is insured". It must work differently where you are vs. where I am. And I'm taking it your way is more "normal", because Tesla's messaging to me was that I had to have insurance in place in time for delivery. That is impossible to do here. Seems odd to me that you can insure something you don't own! Can't do that here. I have to take delivery of it and only then can I insure/register it. But we do things weird here :) Our car insurance is a state-run monopoly.

That better not be my experience! They told me I had to pick a window of the 13th, 14th or 15th (I wanted the 21st). I picked the 14th and I've got airfare and accommodations booked. I'm going to be there. The car had better be as well.

Interesting about "car is insured". It must work differently where you are vs. where I am. And I'm taking it your way is more "normal", because Tesla's messaging to me was that I had to have insurance in place in time for delivery. That is impossible to do here. Seems odd to me that you can insure something you don't own! Can't do that here. I have to take delivery of it and only then can I insure/register it. But we do things weird here :) Our car insurance is a state-run monopoly.
Tesla wanted to see their vin with insurance for registration names prior to pick up. I ASSumed the car would arrive by the 6th and I ASSumed I was ready to take it home by then to drive away . All these are required before you can take the car home of their lot.