Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid Air Will Be Better Than Model S, Says Former Tesla Engineer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Before you dispute that, remember he is the engineering mind behind the Tesla Model S. Anyone who claims they can make a better EV than the Tesla Model S will be doubted. No one to date has managed to prove right on such claims. Make no mistake to mix these guys with Peter Rawlinson: He...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/04/21/lucid-air-better-than-tesla-model-s/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

• Disagree
Reactions: WarpedOne
Model S Plaid is also tri-motor. He probably could put more HP quicker? perhaps
- battery? we shall see.
- Charging Network? how will that work out
- Price ?
- As Sandy Munro says - easy to build high priced low volume - who cares (only the wealthy can afford anyway)
Porsche 800v and Lucid 900v How many Taycans will Porsche make/sell?
real interesting 2020.

Reactions: SaloonGoon
I go with wipster, we can believe it when we see it.
And yeah, Model S was designed 8 years ago ...

On the other hand I would even appreciate competition for the Model S,
maybe Tesla then will deliver an even better facelift than the plaid story.

The other issue is the price you have to pay for it.
Sure you can implement the best ingredients available today.
But I am not sure if we need more EVs with a price tag > $100,000.

Reactions: Ciaopec and wipster
I go with wipster, we can believe it when we see it.
And yeah, Model S was designed 8 years ago ...

On the other hand I would even appreciate competition for the Model S,
maybe Tesla then will deliver an even better facelift than the plaid story.

No, they started building the MS 8 years ago. Which means they designed it 10-12 years ago. Using opinions formed 12-14 years ago. Much has changed since then.

I was primed to pull the trigger on the MS this month, but the virus scare threw a wrench into that plan. Doing my homework, I was concerned Elon Musk was chasing the Taycan. Well, only concerned that chasing a Porsche would give him huge upside potential on the price of Plaid.

In hindsight, I think Plaid is really a pre-emptive move on Lucid.

In this case, the virus scare has a silver lining - more time to see how Lucid Air develops.

Reactions: 1208 and 5JMJ
I don't know what to believe! :confused:

This guy used to tell me one network provided the best service.

canyouhearmenow_verizon.jpg

Years later, he was hired by a different cellular provider and claimed it provided the best service.

ct-sprint-verizon-commercial-can-you-hear-me-now-20160607

All these companies talk...Rivian, Lucid, Audi etc., but I'm not seeing cars on the highways. After getting an influx of Saudi money, their factory is still not done due to Covid-19. Battery supply seems to be key, and Tesla had the foresight to build a battery factory.
I would like to have more choices (other than Leaf & Bolt) when I buy a second EV, rather than buy a second Tesla. Where's Buick???
The Chinese Buick EV looks good.

I would like to have more choices (other than Leaf & Bolt) when I buy a second EV, rather than buy a second Tesla. Where's Buick???
The Chinese Buick EV looks good.

I had several choices. Model S, Model E (3), Model X, now Model Y (finally Sexy) and soon Model T (semi tractor) and Model P (pickup). Yes, I have my commercial driver's license for driving semis, and have an order in for the P. Already got the S, 3, X. Sex sells! And the lineup is SEXY. True, I wouldn't look at a Leaf or Bolt either.

What in the world is wrong with owning a "second Tesla"? We already know it's a great car, but you want a Chinese Buick? Who needs a Chinese Buick? Don't know about you, but all the Chinese cars look and drive cheap from what I can tell. Plus, they're not anywhere around here.

rolab:

There is not really anything wrong with owning a second Tesla, expecially with my Tesla charger in the garage.. I love my MS. And I love that it's made in America. And i am looking at a MY. They are really the industry standard by far. But...just saying competition is good, as is having choices. I also have a Buick LaCrosse. My understanding is it was designed in China, and is a good car, it is not made in China. I don't want a "Chinese Buick" I would like to see an American Buick EV. I was suggesting that the EV Buick has in China is a good looking car, and if they can do it there, they can do here. What GM does with Hummer remains to be seen. I don't like the idea of reviving a dead brand and slapping batteries in it, but I'm not an auto executive...

Reactions: Cory151