Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid Sapphire - uh oh Tesla, let’s revive the Plaid Plus.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am glad to see manufacturers keep pushing the performance envelope, and I think the Sapphire version looks a bit better, but it still doesn't hide how they styled the front end of the Air to look like a 1990 Toyota Celica:

1660990453151.png

I also can't wrap my head around how much more expensive it is than a Plaid. $250k vs. $136k.

I think the competition is good, it will be interesting to see how the Lucid Sapphire performs after all is said and done. I didn't know that the Taycan Turbo S beat out the Plaid. Curious to see how Tesla will fare with neck-to-neck competition from Lucid, Porsche, and maybe other manufacturers down the line.

I think the competition is good, it will be interesting to see how the Lucid Sapphire performs after all is said and done. I didn't know that the Taycan Turbo S beat out the Plaid. Curious to see how Tesla will fare with neck-to-neck competition from Lucid, Porsche, and maybe other manufacturers down the line.
Taycan used new special trim. Tesla has performance package too, but they didn't measure it. Their time was completely defined by brakes temperature.

Reactions: Gninoked
I don't really have any Tesla brand loyalty - but man, I saw my first Lucid yesterday in person yesterday and I'm not a fan. It's down there with the EQS in styling IMO.

At this rate, in a few years we'll be seeing family sedans with top fuel dragster levels of power. My P90D is more than enough power for basically everything, I wish they'd focus more on handling and braking than just straight line go-power.

Between the three, I think the Taycan Turbo S is my favorite. Especially once the US Superchargers open up to other manufacturers. Taycan feels like the best all around car with build quality, ride quality, service/supportability, and fun.

I don't really have any Tesla brand loyalty - but man, I saw my first Lucid yesterday in person yesterday and I'm not a fan. It's down there with the EQS in styling IMO.

At this rate, in a few years we'll be seeing family sedans with top fuel dragster levels of power. My P90D is more than enough power for basically everything, I wish they'd focus more on handling and braking than just straight line go-power.

Between the three, I think the Taycan Turbo S is my favorite. Especially once the US Superchargers open up to other manufacturers. Taycan feels like the best all around car with build quality, ride quality, service/supportability, and fun.
But the Taycan is huuuugely lacking in practicality. Tiny trunk, tiny back seat room, and at 6’5” I couldn’t get the driver’s seat in a comfortable position for me. Great car, though (even if even the Turbo S felt slow as heck to me after Plaid driving).

The Sapphire is the first good-looking Lucid out there (in terms of color) and apparently has oodles of seating room inside (even if the trunk is fairly standard sedan fare).

Reactions: juanmedina
But the Taycan is huuuugely lacking in practicality. Tiny trunk, tiny back seat room, and at 6’5” I couldn’t get the driver’s seat in a comfortable position for me. Great car, though (even if even the Turbo S felt slow as heck to me after Plaid driving).

The Sapphire is the first good-looking Lucid out there (in terms of color) and apparently has oodles of seating room inside (even if the trunk is fairly standard sedan fare).

They have that wagon one that looks pretty slick that’s better on space, but yeah fair point, storage is compromised in there.