TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ludicrous Mode

Discussion in 'Model S' started by facialcrunch, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Saxgod

Saxgod Thread Necromancer

You responded like a Richard. You probably shouldn’t have. Just speculating.

• Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Platinumpapi

Platinumpapi Member

Hey just picked up my brand new raven performance model s. Guess what guys, it’s missing ludicrous mode that I ordered with it. It’s been 2 weeks now and I still don’t have a concrete answer as to when I will be getting it. I am only told that everyone is waiting to hear back from this person, or that person. I don’t know what more I can do at this point, but it’s heartbreaking everything I go to drive settings and do not see ludicrous mode in their.

3. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Folks should just refuse delivery if it doesn't already come with what you paid for. How does this happen since L is now included in the base P100D?

• Disagree x 1
  4. Platinumpapi

Platinumpapi Member

I wish I could have refused delivery but they are great at making you feel confident in getting the ota update. Oh it’s just an over the air update we will take care of that.

5. Ole Capt

Ole Capt Member

Ok then take care of it right now. That’s ridiculous

6. BPeter

BPeter Member

Drive into the service center and tell them to enable it for you. All they have to do is plug their computer into it and flip a switch. It can be done remotely, but it seems like you have a hard time getting ahold of someone. Turning it on should take like 5 minutes so don't even bother with an appointment.

• Like x 2
  7. Platinumpapi

Platinumpapi Member

My sales rep as much as He’s great at his job, just tells me that they are waiting to hear back from managers as case has been escalated. Can this really be done at service center ? Because I’m just waiting for the ota update. They make it seem like their is no way I can get software update at a service center.

8. BPeter

BPeter Member

I can't say with 100% certainty that it can but from what I've read the service center has the capability to change the software configs on the car and Ludicrous mode on the P100D and later is just a software config. If it's not too far from you, it won't hurt to just drive in and ask.

9. Platinumpapi

Platinumpapi Member

This may sound strange, but this level of Customer service feels like it’s done on purpose . Usually with bmw , or other brands you know the problem and you get an estimated time for fix etc. But with Tesla you have no idea if you’ll ever even get the fix. I feel like if it was true that service could fix this ludicrous mode issue, like my sales guy would or should have advices me to come on into service to get it fixed. If its true service can fix this issue m then it sucks that they are holding back that information.

10. David.85D

David.85D Member

ROFL

11. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

I was in the same boat at delivery. It was not a software update but some setting they had to do from HQ. After several days one morning I checked and it was "fixed". I would offer to be "patient".....but as of the last several months+ I have changed that to "be persistent"

• Like x 1
  12. 6t8stang

6t8stang Member

That poor screen with the yellow line....

13. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Yeah. I tried being patient repeatedly when I had this problem, but a string of deadlines came and went. You definitely need to be persistent to get this sort of thing fixed.

14. Platinumpapi

Platinumpapi Member

Latest update is that it’s waiting to be approved. I want to say Tesla is the best in all they do but it’s hard to look away from the fact that they can lack in customer service. Maybe it will improve with time. But truth is they don’t make one feel like a priority.

15. REckard

REckard Member

Please, let's not go down that rabbit hole in this thread. LOL