Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey just picked up my brand new raven performance model s. Guess what guys, it’s missing ludicrous mode that I ordered with it. It’s been 2 weeks now and I still don’t have a concrete answer as to when I will be getting it. I am only told that everyone is waiting to hear back from this person, or that person. I don’t know what more I can do at this point, but it’s heartbreaking everything I go to drive settings and do not see ludicrous mode in their.

Hey just picked up my brand new raven performance model s. Guess what guys, it’s missing ludicrous mode that I ordered with it. It’s been 2 weeks now and I still don’t have a concrete answer as to when I will be getting it. I am only told that everyone is waiting to hear back from this person, or that person. I don’t know what more I can do at this point, but it’s heartbreaking everything I go to drive settings and do not see ludicrous mode in their.

Drive into the service center and tell them to enable it for you. All they have to do is plug their computer into it and flip a switch. It can be done remotely, but it seems like you have a hard time getting ahold of someone. Turning it on should take like 5 minutes so don't even bother with an appointment.

My sales rep as much as He’s great at his job, just tells me that they are waiting to hear back from managers as case has been escalated. Can this really be done at service center ? Because I’m just waiting for the ota update. They make it seem like their is no way I can get software update at a service center.

I can't say with 100% certainty that it can but from what I've read the service center has the capability to change the software configs on the car and Ludicrous mode on the P100D and later is just a software config. If it's not too far from you, it won't hurt to just drive in and ask.

This may sound strange, but this level of Customer service feels like it’s done on purpose . Usually with bmw , or other brands you know the problem and you get an estimated time for fix etc. But with Tesla you have no idea if you’ll ever even get the fix. I feel like if it was true that service could fix this ludicrous mode issue, like my sales guy would or should have advices me to come on into service to get it fixed. If its true service can fix this issue m then it sucks that they are holding back that information.

My sales rep as much as He’s great at his job, just tells me that they are waiting to hear back from managers as case has been escalated. Can this really be done at service center ? Because I’m just waiting for the ota update. They make it seem like their is no way I can get software update at a service center.

I was in the same boat at delivery. It was not a software update but some setting they had to do from HQ. After several days one morning I checked and it was "fixed". I would offer to be "patient".....but as of the last several months+ I have changed that to "be persistent"

Reactions: Saghost
That poor screen with the yellow line....

OK so i went to check my car after recent update.

Seems like you should have ludi and not insane, if your car is ludi.
20190725-124342.jpg

Oh and OP i heard from many users that there is almost no difference in power consumption between sports and insane or ludicrous, unless you floor the car all the time, so its preferred you leave it at the third option, so you can have the acceleration when you need it, instead of flipping though your options and activating it.

And if you don't need or want the acceleration, ummm well, unless you got the performance edition for free, i don't understand why you got it.

I was in the same boat at delivery. It was not a software update but some setting they had to do from HQ. After several days one morning I checked and it was "fixed". I would offer to be "patient".....but as of the last several months+ I have changed that to "be persistent"

Yeah. I tried being patient repeatedly when I had this problem, but a string of deadlines came and went. You definitely need to be persistent to get this sort of thing fixed.

Latest update is that it’s waiting to be approved. I want to say Tesla is the best in all they do but it’s hard to look away from the fact that they can lack in customer service. Maybe it will improve with time. But truth is they don’t make one feel like a priority.