Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Plus is HERE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried the Easter egg without activating MBP? (Since I think the Easter egg does that for you.)

Updated software to 2.52.36 on my 2 week old MS P100DL and tested "Ludicrous+" mode: At 64% SOC measured battery output power 548.7 kW (735.5 hp) --> combined front+rear electric motor power 515 kW (690 hp). Max Longitudinal Acceleration 1.10 g (10.8m/s^2) - Launch control was not used. Pre-update max battery power at same 64% SOC and assumed same battery temperature 50C was 712 hp, so gain of ~24 hp (edit).

I will test it again sometime at 90% SOC.

Attachments

• IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0835.jpg
    IMG_0835.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
just installed the update and took the car for a spin.

peaked at 574kw, which Google says is 770hp. too much traffic to try any good 0-60 runs. (i did a 2.8 0-60 up hill though)

i will say, it is getting a little bit silly with all the different performance modes. it used to be just Sport or Ludicrous. Now there's Sport, Ludicrous, Ludicrous with Max Battery, and Ludicrous+. and on top of that, there is Launch Mode that is also kind of hidden and requires a weird little dance to enable. oh well, the car is amazing. i'm not complaining.

Reactions: Mach Schnell!
just installed the update and took the car for a spin.

peaked at 574kw, which Google says is 770hp. too much traffic to try any good 0-60 runs. (i did a 2.8 0-60 up hill though)

i will say, it is getting a little bit silly with all the different performance modes. it used to be just Sport or Ludicrous. Now there's Sport, Ludicrous, Ludicrous with Max Battery, and Ludicrous+. and on top of that, there is Launch Mode that is also kind of hidden and requires a weird little dance to enable. oh well, the car is amazing. i'm not complaining.

Pez - what was your starting/ending battery state of charge for your test run?

Updated software to 2.52.36 on my 2 week old MS P100DL and tested "Ludicrous+" mode: At 64% SOC measured battery output power 548.7 kW (735.5 hp) --> combined front+rear electric motor power 515 kW (690 hp). Max Longitudinal Acceleration 1.10 g (10.8m/s^2) - Launch control was not used. Pre-update max battery power at same 64% SOC and assumed same battery temperature 50C was 712 hp, so gain of ~24 hp (edit).

I will test it again sometime at 90% SOC.
You car is most powerfull at 100% because there is the max voltage point of the battery

Kudos to those trying it out and sharing their numbers.

Speaking for myself, I'm a bit skittish about touching any of these nobs until "the counter development" settles a bit more (more data, maybe something formal from Tesla, etc.).

Drag times has a P100D. This model is not affected by launch mode limits like the P90D.
My conversation with Tesla today it was indicated that the same system that monitors the stress on the powertrain exist for the p100dl as the p90dl. This info is contrary to the email I received previously on the matter, that exempted the 100 from these limits! Ludicrous mode, max battery mode, and launch mode are all monitored. They would not confirm there is a count or counter in the system, but rather that it is a system thats designed to monitor multiple aspects of the car and adjust performance based upon use, ware, and aging of the components.

In fact if I had to guess, the 100 will hit the limits quicker as its putting more strain on the components... but we would need more clarity from Tesla to get the full picture here all I was told was that it uses the same monitoring system as the p90dl in the p100dl

anyone want there mommy now?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My conversation with Tesla today it was indicated that the same system that monitors the stress on the powertrain exist for the p100dl as the p90dl. This info is contrary to the email I received previously on the matter, that exempted the 100 from these limits! Ludicrous mode, max battery mode, and launch mode are all monitored. They would not confirm there is a count or counter in the system, but rather that it is a system thats designed to monitor multiple aspects of the car and adjust performance based upon use, ware, and aging of the components.

In fact if I had to guess, the 100 will hit the limits quicker as its putting more strain on the components... but we would need more clarity from Tesla to get the full picture here all I was told was that it uses the same monitoring system as the p90dl in the p100dl

anyone want there mommy now?:rolleyes:

Anything in writing?

My conversation with Tesla today it was indicated that the same system that monitors the stress on the powertrain exist for the p100dl as the p90dl. This info is contrary to the email I received previously on the matter, that exempted the 100 from these limits!

So how are you getting from "monitor" to "limit" specifically with respect to the P100D? We all know Tesla monitors everything that happens with their cars. That isn't news.

Reactions: Pezpunk
So how are you getting from "monitor" to "limit" specifically with respect to the P100D? We all know Tesla monitors everything that happens with their cars. That isn't news.
As you said the cars have always monitored this data the limiting is part of the 8.0 software... The same system that limited my car in 3 months is in effect on p90dl and p100dl. The p100dl is not exempt, but you should have figured that out by now with all the wording changes to the p100dl order page, manual, and Ludicrous plus modes.

I pressed back for more info about what the parameters really are, as my main complaint is having no idea what causes the power limits to be imposed so how can I try to avoid them... I figured warning you p100d owners is the right thing to do vs keeping you in the dark as Tesla did to me on this. Do what you will but don't say you had no idea when your power gets reduced....:rolleyes: Tesla has added lots of disclaimers about this now vs my P90DL which had no such warnings in any manual or order page.

Honestly I was hopeful the 100 upgrade would remove these restrictions!

Last edited:
Yes I saw the same thing. Had to get moving to get the left-hand display, even though the battery appeared to be up to temperature.

Ok this might be a dumb question but I will try. Was at service center today and along with a different matter the tech upgraded me to the ".36" firmware. Went home and voila! Got the dialogue box (did not choose the mommy option;)) Then my "powermeter" appeared to change. Went on for a test drive and WHOA..I could really feel a difference between L and L+. But I do not see the left screen you and others have taken pictures of. Ok ....now the question....I tried this a number of times and it seems L+ kicks in. What am I missing not to see the left side screen you guys see? (usually it is something I have missed:confused:.) Can you tell me?

As you said the cars have always monitored this data the limiting is part of the 8.0 software... The same system that limited my car in 3 months is in effect on p90dl and p100dl. The p100dl is not exempt, but you should have figured that out by now with all the wording changes to the p100dl order page, manual, and Ludicrous plus modes.

I pressed back for more info about what the parameters really are, as my main complaint is having no idea what causes the power limits to be imposed so how can I try to avoid them... I figured warning you p100d owners is the right thing to do vs keeping you in the dark as Tesla did to me on this. Do what you will but don't say you had no idea when your power gets reduced....:rolleyes: Tesla has added lots of disclaimers about this now vs my P90DL which had no such warnings in any manual or order page.

Honestly I was hopeful the 100 upgrade would remove these restrictions!

Just because they are monitoring the same parameters on the P100D does not necessarily mean they are imposing the same restrictions (or any restrictions). I have seen the disclaimer they added to the order page, but what evidence is there of any P100Ds actually being limited? I've read most of that massive pack limited thread and there are very few hard facts in it. I haven't seen any actual evidence of a P100D being limited.