Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lug cap cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested in buying a set of these. Makes it easier to swap Aero covers on/off.

Carbon fiber look is nice but since cost is an issue I'd go with matching the rim color.

What would I pay? $25/each would be a great deal. $100/each is too much. $50/each is the max.

The design is still going through a few changes. This is the current iteration:

View attachment 275472
The top surface curve add a little more depth to the design and allows for an attachment point for Tesla's center cap. This will facilitate easy removal of the center cap along with the lug cover to switch in and out the aero cover. What do you guys think about this design versus the original?

We are currently in discussion with the manufacturer about production. Once the final modifications are completed, we will start with the mold design. The plan is to start with the TPU native gloss black followed by model 3 body paint colors and maybe black chrome. Carbon fiber is a little more challenging as we are experimenting with laminating hard layers of carbon fiber over soft TPU. We may have to switch over to hard PETG for the carbon fiber version. Will post updates as things changes.

CJ
@chojn1 I know that these things take time, so do you have any progress to update us with?

Some people add extra chrome and flashy bits, others delete what is already there. To each his own. For me personally, the car is striking in its overall design. I’d like that design to be appreciated as a whole without drawing specific attention to the lug caps. But then again, I’m one of those people who go for an understated OEM look. No bling for me persionally.

I'm much the same way, I just don't consider this particular part to be blingy. I consider it a simplification versus having all the lugs exposed, or individually covered. But that's a lot of dark area without much to break it up. I would prefer the 19" wheel style but don't want the disadvantages of that larger size. The rest of my exterior trim will be staying stock - no chrome delete.

@chojn1 is this project dead? It has been many months since any activity. If so, I has a sad as there seems to be nothing like this on offer from anyone.

Still in testing.

20180908_082907.jpg