Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lurking on Tesla Short/Bear Websites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short Interest was reported the other day jumping up to 25+million and taking more days to cover. As usual many posts on the Tesla forum are quite negative and invoking GM EV as a competitor coming in two or more years. These posts take up space and make the forum polluted. Should be a good time to pick up some more stock. Perhaps we are close to capitulation. I am interested in timing a squeeze which is difficult to predict. TA has not been very useful in these situations since the shorts have such a large position.

Seeking Alpha bears are currently cheering and jeering about the Tesla news in China and how they "warned investors months ago". Also there is in general a derisive and disparaging attitude in their posts. This is definitely a battle ground stock right now, and the longs are losing...

Margin for short positions I believe is a very big problem especially on a "shares not available to short" and a move up. This has caused large run ups in the past devastating the short positions. Long positions have been holding for years and won't sell for years. Barrons is one who rate it a potential 10X profit potential in 8 years. I know I will buy on drops and wait ad wait. It is fun to watch this happen again and again in TSLA.

Seeking Alpha bears are currently cheering and jeering about the Tesla news in China and how they "warned investors months ago". Also there is in general a derisive and disparaging attitude in their posts.

It's been that way from the beginning. I am expecting a strong bear attack tomorrow, and if it happens I'll be buying. To me as a long that means I'm winning either way, If I'm right I get some more cheap shares, if I'm wrong the shares I already have hold or go up in value. I don't think the fundamental picture has changed, China was always a bit of a wild card in the short term.

It's been that way from the beginning. I am expecting a strong bear attack tomorrow, and if it happens I'll be buying. To me as a long that means I'm winning either way, If I'm right I get some more cheap shares, if I'm wrong the shares I already have hold or go up in value. I don't think the fundamental picture has changed, China was always a bit of a wild card in the short term.

Well, as they say: "Bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaughtered".

This had to be one of the best coordinated and well timed attacks I have seen on this stock... Period. It hurts so much, to me, because it has a bit of truth to it. Of course the best lies always do. In this case they are not being totally honest by reporting EVERYTHING and that is what really irks me. There is no way the stock would have tanked with proper reporting... Sigh... All I wanted was a live stream... This wouldn't have happened if the press wasn't in control of what information we did get. Making it even worse... I hate mainstream media. I said it elsewhere but this is 2015 and everyone has a smartphone capable of posting a live stream to twitch or some other source... Seriously don't know why we couldn't have some kind of video... So upset about the embargo of information from us "little people".

This had to be one of the best coordinated and well timed attacks I have seen on this stock... Period. It hurts so much, to me, because it has a bit of truth to it. Of course the best lies always do. In this case they are not being totally honest by reporting EVERYTHING and that is what really irks me. There is no way the stock would have tanked with proper reporting... Sigh... All I wanted was a live stream... This wouldn't have happened if the press wasn't in control of what information we did get. Making it even worse... I hate mainstream media. I said it elsewhere but this is 2015 and everyone has a smartphone capable of posting a live stream to twitch or some other source... Seriously don't know why we couldn't have some kind of video... So upset about the embargo of information from us "little people".

This reminds me of what my grandfather always said. "Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see."

It also remind me of this: Jim Cramer explains how the Stock Market is Manipulated - YouTube

It is amazing that it is still legal after all these years and how well hidden those that are setting up investors are hidden in the trading data.

This reminds me of what my grandfather always said. "Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see."

It also remind me of this: Jim Cramer explains how the Stock Market is Manipulated - YouTube

It is amazing that it is still legal after all these years and how well hidden those that are setting up investors are hidden in the trading data.

Money flows abundantly on stock markets. It is no wonder that many people engage in dubious activities trying to exploit the system. At least bears are engaged in an overt game, investors can easily sift through various propaganda if they wish.

It is far more difficult, perhaps impossible, to protect investors from very sophisticated hidden predators. TSLAopt earlier recommended a book, 'Flash Boys' by Michael Lewis. The book details predatory practices of High-frequency traders and how regulators, brokerages and banks, perhaps unintentionally, colluded in building the system that is rigged. Highly recommended reading for any investor.

Was sifting around through Twitter feeds and found this guy:

BillK (@Bi11K) | Twitter
He is quite bearish on TSLA, Not really buying any of what he is selling, one thing to note though is his technical "read" on the current breakout of the wedge pattern is this:

Capture.PNG

It is interesting because if that is the case, look for us to never break 225. I would expect that level to be a decent resistance point... Not that I buy into this guys analysis, but just for opposing view's sake.

Last edited:
Was sifting around through Twitter feeds and found this guy:

BillK (@Bi11K) | Twitter
He is quite bullish on TSLA, Not really buying any of what he is selling, one thing to note though is his technical "read" on the current breakout of the wedge pattern is this:

It is interesting because if that is the case, look for us to never break 225. I would expect that level to be a decent resistance point... Not that I buy into this guys analysis, but just for opposing view's sake.

That may be true but not insightful. I think in hindsight what happened is a sag between the end of a long Euphoria rally that started in 2013, and a revaluation due when the X starts to ship mid 2015. That is (in hindsight) a reasonable thing for the share price to do. Doesn't reflect any substantial meaning on the valuation of the company or it's future prospects. So his read amounts to "in the last few months the stock goes up and down but is trending down". True; not insightful.

That may be true but not insightful. I think in hindsight what happened is a sag between the end of a long Euphoria rally that started in 2013, and a revaluation due when the X starts to ship mid 2015. That is (in hindsight) a reasonable thing for the share price to do. Doesn't reflect any substantial meaning on the valuation of the company or it's future prospects. So his read amounts to "in the last few months the stock goes up and down but is trending down". True; not insightful.

Fair enough. I mean my immediate reaction to the post was this is just grasping at short straws. But just for a sanity check thought I would post it here. Especially when taken with many of his other comments on TSLA... He really doesn't make good arguments.