Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 recalls?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I'm not entirely sure what to do about mine either. I'm hoping that they might allow rangers to do this work, as I could hopefully explain it better to the guy when he's standing there, rather than taking it into a SC.
My thoughts exactly. The guy who came out to do my rear lights was an enthusiast and would have been fine I’m sure. Just depends on the individual. I’ll offer coffee and biscuits to the weary traveller.

Reactions: Durzel
If it’s not a big job they may even have ranges at superchargers for a while a do it while you’re charging (if that’s not a risk). They’ve done other recalls like that, I recall there was a batch of cars with the seatbelt fitted twisted (early model s) and they fixed a lot that way, mopping up the others during their next warranty visit

Reactions: Durzel
From what the FAQ is saying it could be a 5 minute or 40 minute job, depending on the state of the cable. If it's a 40 minute job for a tech, that feels like a service centre visit to me because most jobs are a fraction of that. I guess we'll see in due time.

I had mine in yesterday to get a rattle fixed, they changed a load of clips and also, insulated a pipe from the heat pump which must be a soft recall kind of thing.
I had exactly the same thing done (the pipe insulation) to mine while it was in for a replacement parking sensor last week.

(Suspect that may have been the cause of the steam issuing from the offside front wheel arch while some cars are on a supercharger, although mine never did that, I have seen others that do.)

I received the email earlier too - my car has only been to the S/C twice. Once when new and another when the charge port thought a charger was still plugged in and wouldn't go into drive. No recall work has been carried out on it. I vaguely remember the front wiring harness needed changing/ lubing? as it shuts down the car when wet along with the squeaking suspension.

Might book it in and ask if they can arrange any known recall work to be carried out. I'm certain they'll mention something about the alloys re suspension, but I'm the aftermarket spoiler and boot struts should be ok.