Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 reservation refund on cancelled CC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last April I got impatient while waiting for M3's to ship so I decided to see what was available in the $60k used MS market. Alas, I bought a beautiful black on black S85 Signature with 18k miles for under $60k.

I immediately requested a refund of my M3 reservation...now 7 weeks ago. I called Tesla and the said they were in the process of a 'data center changeover'. Hmm...that didn't sound good. I told them my original reservation was made on a Costco cancelled Amex account...now Visa. They said I'd have to call Amex as I have and was told Amex has no records or history available for closed accounts. Yikes !!!

Has anyone had a similar experience?

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx
Last April I got impatient while waiting for M3's to ship so I decided to see what was available in the $60k used MS market. Alas, I bought a beautiful black on black S85 Signature with 18k miles for under $60k.

I immediately requested a refund of my M3 reservation...now 7 weeks ago. I called Tesla and the said they were in the process of a 'data center changeover'. Hmm...that didn't sound good. I told them my original reservation was made on a Costco cancelled Amex account...now Visa. They said I'd have to call Amex as I have and was told Amex has no records or history available for closed accounts. Yikes !!!

Has anyone had a similar experience?
Went through similar situation with the Costco credit card switch. Tesla should be able to cut you a check. Obviously they can't credit the old credit card account.

Great to hear you got your refund!

Currently, chip readers are a joke. It still takes longer than swiping and because they aren't required for 100% of card readers I still had three separate card numbers stolen, cards that have chips mind you. It's good that they are getting faster though.

Use phone payments whenever possible (Android Pay / Apple Pay). It's almost instantaneous and most all chip-reading terminals also are NFC equipped for phone payments.

Plus virtual card numbers make stealing a card much more difficult in this manner.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx and boaterva