TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

M3 reservation refund on cancelled CC

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by caltrader, Jun 17, 2017.

1. caltrader

caltrader Supporting Member

Last April I got impatient while waiting for M3's to ship so I decided to see what was available in the $60k used MS market. Alas, I bought a beautiful black on black S85 Signature with 18k miles for under $60k.

I immediately requested a refund of my M3 reservation...now 7 weeks ago. I called Tesla and the said they were in the process of a 'data center changeover'. Hmm...that didn't sound good. I told them my original reservation was made on a Costco cancelled Amex account...now Visa. They said I'd have to call Amex as I have and was told Amex has no records or history available for closed accounts. Yikes !!!

Has anyone had a similar experience?

• Helpful x 1
  2. azred

azred Active Member

Went through similar situation with the Costco credit card switch. Tesla should be able to cut you a check. Obviously they can't credit the old credit card account.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. caltrader

Thanks!
    Looks like another phone call to Tesla :-/

4. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Think the real reason why you cancelled the Model 3 was because it didn't have gauges and doesn't take diesel fuel. :p

But yes, Tesla is gonna owe you a check on this one.

• Funny x 1
  5. caltrader

Called Tesla again today and was told they had a problem with US Bank who cleared the deposits and would have to send me a check...will take 5 working days. o_O

6. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

First Tesla anti sold you on Model 3.

Now they anti sold you on U.S. Bank.

Shorting $USB tomorrow.

• Funny x 1
  7. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

That entire Costco credit card change over messed up a lot of people, and not just for Tesla.

The new chip reader they are using is faster than any chip reader I have seen. Just a few seconds.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. caltrader

Got my refund check from Tesla last week!

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Great to hear you got your refund!

Currently, chip readers are a joke. It still takes longer than swiping and because they aren't required for 100% of card readers I still had three separate card numbers stolen, cards that have chips mind you. It's good that they are getting faster though.

10. eloder

eloder Active Member

Use phone payments whenever possible (Android Pay / Apple Pay). It's almost instantaneous and most all chip-reading terminals also are NFC equipped for phone payments.

Plus virtual card numbers make stealing a card much more difficult in this manner.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. tsla007

tsla007 Member

Using phone is extremely unsafe-When someone uses a terminal I have a spoofer that can get your info when you transmit. It's a public signal. Showed this to CNN and BlackHat.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

They transmit a one time use dynamically encrypted code. Grabbing the info would be useless to you.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

At lease you got free credit card points...

• Funny x 1