Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The best thing about a Tesla is there are no servicing costs…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had HEPA and biennial cabin filter replacements recently, which notably increased air flow rate, but also means I now smell more noxious gas odour than before. Makes me wonder if the cabin filter really was an activated charcoal type or whether atmospheric conditions just mean morning commute emissions are particularly bad lately.

booked the filter replacement.
after this will see if need to do brakes...

58 gbp for mobile service. decent value I would say.. but filter itself is like 29 gbp (2 pcs)
so even if I do it myself - would not be saving too much

I've ordered the filters myself from Telsa for £37.99, waiting for the outside temp to warm up a bit before fitting them!
It was only something like £15 more to have Tesla Mobile Service fit mine when I had it done. With my bad back and aversion to being a contortionist I opted to pay. But for someone more fit than me I can understand doing it yourself.

booked the filter replacement.
after this will see if need to do brakes...

58 gbp for mobile service. decent value I would say.. but filter itself is like 29 gbp (2 pcs)
so even if I do it myself - would not be saving too much
…and the Ranger that fitted mine got terrible back pain laying under the steering wheel, trying to fit all the clips back.
Glad I didn’t do it!

Reactions: yessuz and KennethS
Hmm wonder if they'll quote me £15 to fit the ones I bought from Tesla, I agree thats a good price!
This was on our Model 3 and done in June 2023. Not sure why the price would be different but the invoice shows £12.50 per filter (£25.00 total) and £19.80 for labour (0.12 hours @ £165/hr) plus VAT for a total of £53.76. It would undoubtedly have taken me far longer and been brutal on my back.

Reactions: yessuz and Dilly
Meanwhile, a year 2 filter change and the annually recommended brake lubrication; £271.92 💸

I guess they have to keep those glass fronted dealerships service centres in business somehow 🙄
They saw you coming. I had that done, the tyres rotated and the wipers replaced for £160
1709315358984.png

Last edited: