Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 tint options and feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll just mention a couple of things. First, while Stratos is supposedly one of the most expensive, more money doesn’t always mean better. In fact, I believe I read about someone using Stratos who later had problems with the defrost system going out on the back window. Has something to do with the fact that Stratos is thicker than most. Personally, I went with Crystalline. One more thing. I originally really liked it when I saw someone with their windshield tinted as it makes it harder for people driving in front of you to see who you are. I pulled the trigger on the windshield as well BUT I wear Maui Jim polarized sunglasses and it makes it really annoying to drive. Yes, the rest of the car is tinted as well but I guess because I’m looking through the windshield while driving, it throws those weird colors around the edges. Just my .02

I all, I have been looking and reading all the posts on here and on Tesla's forums. There have been a lot of posts all throughout 2018 regarding tints. Which one to choose, where to go, to do the front or not, to do a full back or partial back.

Well its mid 2019 now and no one has mentioned any updates on this topic. So I thought this will be a good place for updates.
How does your tint preform?
Which brand did you go with?
What was the cost?
Which windows did you get tinted?
Did you tint 1 piece, 2 piece, tint to the defroster line, or no tint on the back/top window?

I am in the market to get the windows tinted so this will also help others to get an idea from some of those who have already gotten their windows done.

Thanks
Go to your top shop choices and see tints in person. Installation quality is key. One piece back is better than two piece. Front window tinting cuts down on glare a lot.