Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 vs MY - Which ride is better

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hearing about ride quality issues in MY (placed an order for this). If you have to choose purely based on ride, which one is better 3 or Y? Appreciate your thoughts (I'm a newbie here, please be kind)

I've driven a 3 for a few years. Last fall, my 3 was at the service center and I had a Y loaner for a few days. Honestly, after the first few minutes I didn't really notice a difference driving the Y. I know the professional reviews all say the 3 handles better, and the Y obviously sits you a few inches higher, but it wasn't enough difference to be a big deal to me.

Reactions: NJGuy
I've driven a 3 for a few years. Last fall, my 3 was at the service center and I had a Y loaner for a few days. Honestly, after the first few minutes I didn't really notice a difference driving the Y. I know the professional reviews all say the 3 handles better, and the Y obviously sits you a few inches higher, but it wasn't enough difference to be a big deal to me.
Thank you for your answer.

I had the Model SR+ first and basically traded it in for my Model Y LR AWD. Both have a very firm suspension, but my Model Y is somhow bouncy and uneasy over even smooth pavement as well (moving for even the smallest wavy imperfection). Looking back, I much prefer the suspension on my Model 3.

The two cars are certainly different but everybody has a different opinion. There is no right answer. We have both a 3 and a Y and I feel the 3 has much better handling and therefore a better ride. My wife prefers the Y for reasons that aren't important to me. Neither one of them has "ride quality issues" in my opinion.

During a test drive, I found the Y harsher going over uneven payment or highway expansion strips than our 3. Also, it seems a little more perturbed by bumps on the highway. I was going to order one as a replacement for my leased X, but after the test drive decided to order another X.