Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was talking about P version sold in mid 2018. Not sure why I thought it was 285 miles rated.

Maybe you saw a Teslike range spreadsheet or something.

Anyway, the P3D+ realistically has a range of 260 miles or something, while with the P3D- you might be able to eke out 300 miles in a pinch with the winds blowing the right way. These are rough numbers and real world results are strongly dependent on speed & many other factors.

But the rating has been 310 miles for all variants of the Performance from the beginning AFAIK.

Maybe you saw a Teslike range spreadsheet or something.

Anyway, the P3D+ realistically has a range of 260 miles or something, while with the P3D- you might be able to eke out 300 miles in a pinch with the winds blowing the right way. These are rough numbers and real world results are strongly dependent on speed & many other factors.

But the rating has been 310 miles for all variants of the Performance from the beginning AFAIK.

We haven’t seen much P3D 18” Aero data. Hopefully it’s more efficient. But I normally drive chill mode and that makes world of difference.

I just got a VIN this morning and my anecdotal evidence for the situation is these are for sure all-wheel-drive vehicles just flashed. My original order was for an LR AWD and this VIN is within 100 of it. No basis for my position other than if these are batch produced, unless they swapped models at 394000. Got a lower VIN than trending here for this model, we’ll see what my build date is.

Will update with a motor photo on Monday.

I just got a VIN this morning and my anecdotal evidence for the situation is these are for sure all-wheel-drive vehicles just flashed. My original order was for an LR AWD and this VIN is within 100 of it. No basis for my position other than if these are batch produced, unless they swapped models at 394000. Got a lower VIN than trending here for this model, we’ll see what my build date is.

Will update with a motor photo on Monday.

What’s first 3 of VIN ? Some AWD have 990 and some 980. Nobody knows why. Maybe Tesla changed their motor config for recent builds to one motor limited by software and/or some of the older 980’s were just due to shortage of motors for AWD builds during peak selling periods. My friend has 433XXX.

There is a LOT of confusion on both the customer and dealer side when ordering this configuration.
When you ordered the vehicle did the original Tesla Sheet say
Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance with the correct vin and price?

My delivery agent just confirmed that my car DOES have the Full Performance and Track mode software already installed. My sales agent was obviously wrong that track mode was not included

So far every new owner of the MP3- has Track Mode. The specs from Telsa (or at least a spreadsheet that circulated) states it does not. Sales reps may read from that sheet which is the reason for the mis-information.
At this point with so many delivered it seems unlikely they will change course and take Track Mode away from this model.

No one knows if this model is a one time run or going to be an orderable option moving forward.

Also, unknown is the chance of the same software flash working on existing AWD cars that people have already purchased. Believe all of the MP3-, MP3+ and some of the regular AWD models have had a 980 rear motor. But some and most all recent regular AWD have 990 motors with no one yet with a performance variation reporting a 990 rear motor.

The point of people checking and posting pics is to see if a performance model in the wild has a 990 rear motor.

So far every new owner of the MP3- has Track Mode. The specs from Telsa (or at least a spreadsheet that circulated) states it does not. Sales reps may read from that sheet which is the reason for the mis-information.
At this point with so many delivered it seems unlikely they will change course and take Track Mode away from this model.

No one knows if this model is a one time run or going to be an orderable option moving forward.

Also, unknown is the chance of the same software flash working on existing AWD cars that people have already purchased. Believe all of the MP3-, MP3+ and some of the regular AWD models have had a 980 rear motor. But some and most all recent regular AWD have 990 motors with no one yet with a performance variation reporting a 990 rear motor.

The point of people checking and posting pics is to see if a performance model in the wild has a 990 rear motor.

I’ve never seen or heard of any spec sheet for the MP3-. I believe all Performance cars do have track mode.

I’ve never seen or heard of any spec sheet for the MP3-. I believe all Performance cars do have track mode.

There was a circulated Excel type spreadsheet a couple of weeks back that was supposedly from Telsa which made the rounds on the forum and to some of the blogs/news outlets that is how the bad information on the Track Mode started.
It also listed a lower top speed ; which seems either incorrect or based on lack or spoiler and/or tire difference as a safety recommendation and nothing actually software limited.
So far every one of them has been delivered with Track Mode.
Yes, track mode is merely a feature within the performance software upgrade. It is also has caused confusion when people have asked about it as if it is something separate.

What’s first 3 of VIN ? Some AWD have 990 and some 980. Nobody knows why. Maybe Tesla changed their motor config for recent builds to one motor limited by software and/or some of the older 980’s were just due to shortage of motors for AWD builds during peak selling periods. My friend has 433XXX.

It’s 394.

My LR AWD, with 990 DU VIN is 391

Edit: Left the factory on 6/21/19 and delivered on 6/24/19

Well what a mess this may turn out to be after all haha.

It's definitely going to be a mess if you try to judge the DU by the VIN. My AWD 5/19 build with 990 is down around 194xxx.

There is a LOT of confusion on both the customer and dealer side when ordering this configuration.

I already had an existing reservation for An AWD so I called my OA And then modify the existing order. The problem I ran into was I wasn’t able to get my colour combination in this upgraded model because there was no inventory so I had to pick a different one. My order agreement was changed to say “Performance” and $ total updated, yes.

Only your local service center has the confusion here. Didn’t hear any other major communication issues. This is Performance model minus Brembo brakes, carbon fiber spoiler, aluminum pedals and 20” wheels. As simple as that. You get to keep everything else.

Update, as quickly as I had my VIN it’s gone from my page because my delivery date was changed by a day. I was expecting the change because the original date I had is a holiday but wasn’t expecting to lose the vin attached to me. Is that common that it would come and go?