Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen a new software version on an M3P- ?

Nearly all Teslas are on 2019.2something and most on 2019.24
My M3P- seems to be on 2019.15 and I was just at a service center where they said its the latest available for the variant.
What gives? Its older than my RWD was two months ago (before the untimely demise)

Has anyone seen a new software version on an M3P- ?

Nearly all Teslas are on 2019.2something and most on 2019.24
My M3P- seems to be on 2019.15 and I was just at a service center where they said its the latest available for the variant.
What gives? Its older than my RWD was two months ago (before the untimely demise)

When my buddy picked up his M3P- it came with version 2019.15 and it updated to 2019.24 overnight. Just need good WiFi connection.

The SC people are clueless for most part about software unless you find somebody who does this. If it doesn’t update soon via WiFi, the use the app to raise a service request and somebody will call you and try to push the update manually. If that doesn’t work then go to SC and connect to their WIFi and it should update.

And he picked it up from Devon SC store. I picked my MR from there in Nov.

Talked to a sales rep, they said there is only 1 M3P- available in the whole US and it's black exterior on black interior.
I really want a white exterior on black interior.

Should I just inform my rep to notify me if a white on black M3P- pops up?
Do you guys know if they can do a custom build for me?

There's a few white P3D- w/ 19" wheels on the east coast, which would cost me $1k extra to ship.
They had plenty of midnight silver w/ 18" in stock, without extra shipping cost.
I ended up going with that instead.

Mine went from 2019.15.104 to 2019.28.2 last night (finally). I opened a ticket last week with the SC and they confirmed at that time that 2019.15 was the latest for my configuration (M3P- HW3). Seems like 2019.28 started ramping up yesterday so I suspect the rest of the folks like me that were stuck on the old stuff should get updated shortly.

Update - Picking mine up on Friday Aug 9. Got VIN if 418XXX. Hopefully it’s HW3. Based on some inputs from others, build date is around May 2019.

Seems Tesla had planned changes to motor configs all along with HW3 implementation since Apr/May to sell these AWD bad boys as P when needed for some extra dough.

Update - Picking mine up on Friday Aug 9. Got VIN if 418XXX. Hopefully it’s HW3. Based on some inputs from others, build date is around May 2019.

Seems Tesla had planned changes to motor configs all along with HW3 implementation since Apr/May to sell these AWD bad boys as P when needed for some extra dough.

It is. Mine delivered in June with HW3; VIN 339xxxxx

Mine went from 2019.15.104 to 2019.28.2 last night (finally). I opened a ticket last week with the SC and they confirmed at that time that 2019.15 was the latest for my configuration (M3P- HW3). Seems like 2019.28 started ramping up yesterday so I suspect the rest of the folks like me that were stuck on the old stuff should get updated shortly.

I'll just have to patiently wait for mine.. and move the router as close as possible.

I'm working my way through this thread, and am currently only on page four. So I apologize if this is a repost of information currently in this thread, but just wanted to let you guys/gals know that they are now putting the 19" wheels on the P3D-. Here's a screen shot of the ordering information for the car I'm picking up tomorrow:
upload_2019-8-6_13-12-53.png

So just to clarify, this is a Model 3 Performance that does not have the Performance model suspension, brakes, or spoiler. But it does have 19" wheels.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough! Let me know if anyone has any other questions on the current stock of the latest P3D- cars and I'll do my best to fill you in.

I'm working my way through this thread, and am currently only on page four. So I apologize if this is a repost of information currently in this thread, but just wanted to let you guys/gals know that they are now putting the 19" wheels on the P3D-. Here's a screen shot of the ordering information for the car I'm picking up tomorrow:
View attachment 438469

So just to clarify, this is a Model 3 Performance that does not have the Performance model suspension, brakes, or spoiler. But it does have 19" wheels.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough! Let me know if anyone has any other questions on the current stock of the latest P3D- cars and I'll do my best to fill you in.

congrats! I have not see many performance cars with 19, usually its 20 with full package or 18 under $50K.

Reactions: Phlier
congrats! I have not see many performance cars with 19, usually its 20 with full package or 18 under $50K.
I was hoping that would be new information, and not a repost. : ) All of their "in inventory" P3D- cars at the Las Vegas Tesla Store have the 19" wheels, so I'm thinking (but I don't have proof yet) that the 19" wheels are the new standard for the P3D- cars.

View attachment 438469

Does the car still cost the same $49.9k with the 19s? When I was looking through inventory for my P3D- I noticed some cars had 18s and some had 19s, but I definitely wanted 18s for ride comfort/flat protection/ability to add snows easier. Putting 19s on makes sense, but it would be a bummer to lose the 18" option.

Does the car still cost the same $49.9k with the 19s? When I was looking through inventory for my P3D- I noticed some cars had 18s and some had 19s, but I definitely wanted 18s for ride comfort/flat protection/ability to add snows easier. Putting 19s on makes sense, but it would be a bummer to lose the 18" option.
I'll screen shot the price break down and get right back to you...

Edit: here you go... : )

upload_2019-8-6_14-15-36.png

Reactions: byeLT4 and MTSN
View attachment 438469

When I was ordering mine 2 weeks ago, the Indianapolis SC (where the cars were stored) had quite a few p3d- with 19"s on the lot. I was shocked to see them bc I was only aware of the 18"s. Anyway, my SA showed me the listing for a red with 19"s just before I ordered my p3d-. I was tempted but went with my white p3d- with 18"s.

Have fun with yours. I absolutely enjoy mine....it's a blast to drive.

Reactions: Phlier
I now have a confirmed delivery appointment of 3:00 tomorrow for my metallic blue on black (wanted white on white, but what ya gonna do?? ; ) ) P3D-.

I'm now up to page 23 of this thread, and I'm concerned.. there have been so many posts of guys taking delivery of their P3D-'s that don't have the performance features unlocked as of delivery and have to wait for an OTA update to get them unlocked. I just now sent an email to my sales rep asking if he can go check my car and make sure it has been activated as a Performance vehicle. Also asked him to have it updated if it wasn't so that I could enjoy the Performance package on the 150 mile drive home. ; )

So much great information in this thread... huge thanks to everyone that has taken the time to contribute to the wealth of info in this thread. Thanks, gents (and/or ladies)!!!

I'm 52 years old, and feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I honestly don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, 'cause I'm so excited about tomorrow. I've owned many cars over the years, and I've never been so excited. I'd always thought that Super Car or Exotic Car performance was way out of my price range. The fact that I'm getting it in a relatively inexpensive four dour sedan is just... well... unbelievable to me. LOL, I'm so excited that I can hardly even type. : )