Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Winter Wheels and Tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems an odd time to be considering the above but didn't find much choice last year. Now that the M3 is much more common have you seen anything that you'd recommend for the winter season? Nights will be drawing in again from tomorrow - Winter is coming! Thoughts appreciated.

I bought a second set of Tesla alloys, and Nokian WR A4. Very happy with them. Low rolling resistance which is important for range, but excellent wet/slush traction and braking. (To be fair I’ve used Nokian tyres for many year on my old Subaru AWD). Personally think they are the most undervalued tyre brand.

Reactions: MaDProFF
I bought a second set of Tesla alloys, and Nokian WR A4. Very happy with them. Low rolling resistance which is important for range, but excellent wet/slush traction and braking. (To be fair I’ve used Nokian tyres for many year on my old Subaru AWD). Personally think they are the most undervalued tyre brand.
Thanks jefoth, did you email Tesla to get an additional set of rims? And what was the cost? Can I fit 18 inch with the M3P callipers?

You can't fit OEM 18s on the M3P, sadly.

I went with OEM 19s & Vredestein Quatrac 5. I'd suggest looking at rain biased rather than snow biased, consider how many days rain we get compared to snow... "Tyre Reviews" on youtube specifically made this point and pointed at the Quatrac 5's for the UK. Rain based doesn't mean they don't work in the snow, I beat a defender last year in 6 inches of snow - very satisfying! The all seasons were easily up to the job.

Camskill have a good choice right now. Excellent service too.

Yes email Tesla - they are about £320 each for the wheels. They were very helpful. And at that price - good value in my opinion.

You can't fit OEM 18s on the M3P, sadly.

I went with OEM 19s & Vredestein Quatrac 5. I'd suggest looking at rain biased rather than snow biased, consider how many days rain we get compared to snow... "Tyre Reviews" on youtube specifically made this point and pointed at the Quatrac 5's for the UK. Rain based doesn't mean they don't work in the snow, I beat a defender last year in 6 inches of snow - very satisfying! The all seasons were easily up to the job.

Camskill have a good choice right now. Excellent service too.

Yes email Tesla - they are about £320 each for the wheels. They were very helpful. And at that price - good value in my opinion.
Thanks for the info, really helpful.

Quatrac 5’s were/are a good bet, but sometime recently they started selling the cross climate + in 235/40/19 (as well as the 18’s) which get slightly better reviews and may be worth a look if you don’t want to go for full winters.

But the WinterContact 860 S are one of the best winters if you are going all the way, but they’re not cheap.

if you are looking for some different sized rims, here’s a list of some I found that fit the model 3 performance Tesla Model 3 Performance Wheels / Rims

Scott

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Finally getting ready to purchase these Tesla Model 3 18. Before I pull the trigger are those of you that have bought from tsportline still happy with them?

I bought these last October for my M3P and had Goodyear Ultragrip Performance winter tyres fitted at Blackcircle. I used them from December to March and they were great. The ride was slightly better than on the standard 20" wheels unsurprisingly. Grip was great and they hardly showed any wear after 3 to 4000 miles use. I can thoroughly recommend both the wheels and tyres.

• Informative
Reactions: KennethS
I can’t comment on the wheels, but UK Tesla owners club members have a free shipping discount code for t sport line

So may be worth looking into becoming a member before buying them.

Just be aware of import duties too.
Thanks for this info, it definitely seems worth it although I can't seem to find any reference to it, are you able to provide a link showing this benefit?

Finally pulled the trigger on the t-sportlines, there is labour day sale at the moment, discounts on both wheels and postage.

I just ordered a set or Borbets BLX from Germany and will be fitting taller Bridgestone Turanza 225/55 for my mountain treks. The tyres are also half the price of the OEM Michelins.

borbetblx.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: westrow3
Finally pulled the trigger on the t-sportlines, there is labour day sale at the moment, discounts on both wheels and postage.

I took this tyre hint from a Danish chap Ole Birch from the Facebook Model 3 group discussion about ground clearance. He happily runs these tyres (on the front, but slightly different on wider rear rims). He reports that the acoustic insert in the standard Michelins is a bogey and can tell no difference with non-foam Bridgestone tyres. I assumed that Denmark is as cold and wet in the winter as it is hereabouts.

Cosmetics? Moi? Owing to my MPP Lift Kit I need to fill the wheel well a bit :) and get the car just a fraction higher for my trip up mountain tracks (the technical fig leaf).