Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach E RWD range 370 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, what about that $2,000 performance plus upgrade, the constantly changing price of FSD, etc etc? So you're telling me, Tesla sold me a car that was software limited just so that in the future they could charge $2,000 for it to be unlocked? Why don't they just make is $100?

Come on. Just like I said, the hate on dealerships is totally manufactured from people who don't know how to buy a car.

I'm happy you've had good experience with Tesla, I can speak for my behalf and on the behalf of many and it is public information that Tesla service isn't anywhere close to other OEM's.

Mercedes are known just like Range rovers to be expensive. Some models of certain brands are worse than others within that same brand, ICE vehicles are much more complicated than a Tesla.

Of course, salesman all do that. I tell them no I'm not interesetd and they move on. They understand if you communicate with them that you just want the car and go home. They will still pitch it, because about 50% of people hear the pitch and say yes.

I do not have access to Tesla mobile service, closest service center is two hours away. Also, when my car was delivered it was in a parking lot with no amenities they were so far behind I waited for an hour past my appointment time before they could start with me, Upon immediate inspection I had paint issues that they said I had to email to get solved. The poor guy had no idea what the car did, I knew more about it then he did. You could tell he was just hired.

Car has squeaks and rattles, none of my previous vehicles had them as bad as my Model 3 does. Been to service 3 times over that issue, it keeps coming back. Additionally they can't give me a rental car for spending $60,000, they give me $100 uber credits which is useless when you live two hours away.

I have no story like this when purchasing from legacy automakers. None. Sure, I don't like when salesmen try to sale add ons, but when 50% of people buy the crap they do it because consumers eat it up.

The Mercedes was a money pit. Yes I expect the service to be more expensive. I didnt expect the service to be required. We are not talking about a noise or rattle. We are talking about leaving you stranded. We are talking about leaving you stranded then towing you then getting the car back and leaving you stranded again the day you are leaving for a road trip Chicago to Florida. Had to pack up the Camry make arrangements for Mercedes to come and pick up the car while we were gone. Then to make matters worse Mercedes didnt come and pick it up while we were gone like we arranged. Car sat in the driveway all week when it should have been fixed.

You keep saying you dont have access to service yet your information says Raleigh NC which has a service center. So which is it? Mobile service is available for most work.

Now I have not had one experience of squeaks and rattles in our S or 3. None. Now do I hear more things. Yes I dont have a internal combustion engine shielding noise like I did with ICE cars. This was more apparent with our Volt because we did have a few little squeaks and rattles. Also the pump that keeps the gas fresh you could hear occasionally. Since we didnt know about it that caused a call to service. EV cars are so quiet you hear everything. So much of it is outside noise you simply didnt hear before.

Wow, so now you're an idiot for paying the lowest internet price in the country for a Vehicle?

Yes, since you can easily get it cheaper.

I literally just helped a friend by a car last weekend.

I got them a couple free accessories and another $1000 off the "low internet price" because that price is for suckers.

You do realize, the cost of living, supply/demand, and many more variables effect the true price of selling a Vehicle?

... what?

All the cars (outside China) are made in the same factory. Where other people live has no impact on its cost.

Tesla is pricing the vehicle to make them a profit, no matter where you live. If you think you are getting Tesla's best price, you're fooling yourself.

Are you drunk?

Unlike dealerships, all the cars are sold directly by Tesla. There's no multi-layer haggling to happen.

Especially since the Mach E is cheaper

It's significantly more expensive in actual fact.

There's currently a tax credit that offsets the HIGHER price, but that's not from Ford, and won't stick around long if the car is successful and not everyone has access to the full credit.

and will be sold through a dealership network.

Which means, unlike Tesla, there's a middle-man who needs to ALSO make a profit... it wouldn't shock me, given that LIMITED SUPPLY, to see dealers selling ABOVE MSRP.

Happens all the time with stealerships and limited-production high demand cars.

Doesn't happen, ever, with Tesla though.

Oh, what about that $2,000 performance plus upgrade, the constantly changing price of FSD, etc etc? So you're telling me, Tesla sold me a car that was software limited just so that in the future they could charge $2,000 for it to be unlocked? Why don't they just make is $100?

Come on. Just like I said, the hate on dealerships is totally manufactured from people who don't know how to buy a car.

You are complaining about something you can choose or not choose to purchase later online which requires no trip to dealership and that is not pushed on you. If you find it to expensive then ignore it.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I do not have access to Tesla mobile service, closest service center is two hours away. Also, when my car was delivered it was in a parking lot with no amenities they were so far behind I waited for an hour past my appointment time before they could start with me, Upon immediate inspection I had paint issues that they said I had to email to get solved. The poor guy had no idea what the car did, I knew more about it then he did. You could tell he was just hired.

What makes you think you don't have access to mobile service? All you have to do is schedule an appointment. You can indicate in your service request that you would like mobile service and they will then route your request to the mobile service team.

upload_2020-2-14_11-23-27.png

What makes you think you don't have access to mobile service? All you have to do is schedule an appointment. You can indicate in your service request that you would like mobile service and they will then route your request to the mobile service team.

View attachment 511119

You do realize it says that in every part of the country? I tried, they said no they don't go this far. I live on east coast, SS is Raleigh.

You all keep fooling yourself with thinking the Tesla way is the best way. I've purchased vehicles below dealer invoice due to end of year Push to get old vehicles off the lot. Tesla on the other hand tries to sale 2019 vehicles as "new" to people who are buying early 2020. Oh but I thought you didn't have to haggle or it was so easy???

Lol. Tesla fanyboism at its finest.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Yes, since you can easily get it cheaper.

I literally just helped a friend by a car last weekend.

I got them a couple free accessories and another $1000 off the "low internet price" because that price is for suckers.

This is true since the internet age began I have always beat lowest internet price. I simply push multiple dealers against each other, multiple manufacturers against each other.

You do realize it says that in every part of the country? I tried, they said no they don't go this far. I live on east coast, SS is Raleigh.

You all keep fooling yourself with thinking the Tesla way is the best way. I've purchased vehicles below dealer invoice due to end of year Push to get old vehicles off the lot. Tesla on the other hand tries to sale 2019 vehicles as "new" to people who are buying early 2020. Oh but I thought you didn't have to haggle or it was so easy???

Lol. Tesla fanyboism at its finest.

A Tesla made in late 2019 is the same car as one made in early 2020. They didnt change the physical features of the car. If you think a 2021 Mach-E manufactured in December 2020 is different then the 2021 Mach-E manufactured a couple weeks later is different then you dont know how cars work. Tesla doesnt deal with "old" stale vehicles left on the lot that are costing the dealership money. Those dealerships paid for that car and it is costing them money to simply have it on the lot. If they have too much of a model because they made bad purchasing decision yes you can sometimes get a deal. No one is denying that.

Let me put it in plain english for you folks -

TESLA WAY

Tesla's is the manufacturer and the SELLER of the vehicle. Not only are they now responsible for manufacturing a good car, but they have to also be responsible for covering the cost of selling that vehicle.

No matter where you go in the country, the price is the same for buying a Tesla. Why? It cost them twice as much in labor cost to sale you a vehicle in Los Angeles than it does in Raleigh? Well, their price COVERS that in ALL areas of the country.

Even if it cost tesla $1,000 less to sell you a car in Raleigh, they charge you the LAX price.

Tesla doesn't care to lower the price, they know you can't go to the next closest service center and get a lower price.

The DEALERSHIP model works as such:

An individual is responsible for the financial success of the dealership. This is in all aspects of the business, service, and sales. When a dealership is in Raleigh, their cars will be priced CHEAPER than in Los Angeles. Why? Because that same sales manager has to make twice the commission for living expenses. They are also managed by two completely different people and owned by two completely different companies

Also, the manufacturer of the Vehicle focuses primarily on the manufacturing of the vehicle while offering incentives to move the vehicles at the dealer level if need be.

The manufacturer focuses on building a car, while the Dealer focuses on running that side of the business and being profitable and selling the vehicle. If you understand anything about cars, you'd realize that on new car sales most dealers are only getting a $500 mark up over invoice on low price vehicles.

Not only that, but majority of the time they are competing with other dealers located right down the road. This further drives prices down in the local market.

Last edited by a moderator:

No- let me.

You've continually been caught telling lies and half truths- corrected with documented facts- and every time you either move the goalposts, change the topic, or get mad at the people who keep calling you on your outright BS.

THAT is the....

TESLA WAY

Tesla's is the manufacturer and the SELLER of the vehicle. Not only are they now responsible for manufacturing a good car, but they have to also be responsible for covering the cost of selling that vehicle.

No matter where you go in the country, the price is the same for buying a Tesla. Why? It cost them twice as much in labor cost to sale you a vehicle in Los Angeles than it does in Raleigh?

Increasingly I'm doubting you even own a Tesla.

ALL orders are done via the website.

Which costs the same no matter where you live.

An individual is responsible for the financial success of the dealership. This is in all aspects of the business, service, and sales. When a dealership is in Raleigh, their cars will be priced CHEAPER than in Los Angeles. Why? Because that same sales manager has to make twice the commission for living expenses. They are also managed by two completely different people and owned by two completely different companies

Not only that, but majority of the time they are competing with other dealers located right down the road. This further drives prices down in the local market.

Funny story there.

Raleigh only has one Lexus dealer. (there's one other in the entire triangle- and it's owned by the same folks- in Durham).

Los Angeles has like 10 right in the greater LA area, another 10 if you're willing to drive outside of LA just a bit.

Competition pricing is MUCH greater in LA than Raleigh.

I actually got a cheaper "internet price" from a few LA dealers than I did from the Raleigh one when I was shopping for my Lexus.

In fact the "cheapest" place to buy a traditional dealership vehicle can vary both by brand and type of car.... entirely unrelated to 'cost of living'

And unlike you, I have actual sources:
https://www.thestreet.com/personal-finance/why-car-prices-vary-from-city-to-city-11920793

As the article points out, the cheapest place to buy say a pickup truck is...Chicago. Not as cheap a city to live in as say Raleigh or Atlanta where prices are HIGHER despite cheaper cost of living.

On the other hand Chicago is the MOST expensive city for a mid-sized SUV. Same city. Same cost of living. But MOST expensive city for one type of vehicle, LEAST expensive for another.

With Tesla you don't need to worry about that nonsense. The web price is the price. Done.

Man it's almost like you are once again caught spewing complete nonsense unsupported by facts or something.

Kind of lost on all of this. There is no way the Mach3 RWD is going to get 370 miles real world unless it weighs like a tank.

Let's get back on topic and figure out how/if this could happen. I just don't see it. Whatever market anyone is talking about.

Let's dispatch the dealership model, or charging infrastructure, or what people like. Back to the title.

Edit: Kind of confused at the like from the person that keeps changing the topic :confused:

TESLA WAY

No matter where you go in the country, the price is the same for buying a Tesla. Why? It cost them twice as much in labor cost to sale you a vehicle in Los Angeles than it does in Raleigh? Well, their price COVERS that in ALL areas of the country.

Even if it cost tesla $1,000 less to sell you a car in Raleigh, they charge you the LAX price.

Tesla doesn't care to lower the price, they know you can't go to the next closest service center and get a lower price.

Also, the manufacturer of the Vehicle focuses primarily on the manufacturing of the vehicle while offering incentives to move the vehicles at the dealer level if need be.

The manufacturer focuses on building a car, while the Dealer focuses on running that side of the business and being profitable and selling the vehicle. If you understand anything about cars, you'd realize that on new car sales most dealers are only getting a $500 mark up over invoice on low price vehicles.

I hope this gets through some of the thick skulls like Knight o_O

We all know how that works. We also know that the dealers plan to make the $ on service. We also know the sales people at dealerships are paid on commission. We also know that dealers sell add-on high margin products that people really dont need. We also know that those dealership have large lots full of cars (many from multiple manufacturers) and land is not free. Maintenance of property is not free. We also know that the manufacturers and the dealers spend gobs of money on advertisement and promotion.

We all know how that works. We also know that the dealers plan to make the $ on service. We also know the sales people at dealerships are paid on commission. We also know that dealers sell add-on high margin products that people really dont need. We also know that those dealership have large lots full of cars (many from multiple manufacturers) and land is not free. Maintenance of property is not free. We also know that the manufacturers and the dealers spend gobs of money on advertisement and promotion.

Plus, unless you have a vehicle selling slowly, the Stealerships will mark it up, and sometimes dramatically.
You only get "deals" when the manufacturer is stuffing the channel.

For example look at whats happening with the Jeep Gladiator. When first announced, the Jeep dealerships were selling it at a premium, but once the small group of potential customers dried up and the lots started to fill up, Jeep is now offering amazing deals for vehicle you really shouldn't be buying.