Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MagSafe Accessories for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m wondering if anyone saw any MagSafe compatible accessories trickle in?

I’m personally interested :
A MagSafe wireless charging pad that can keep my phone in place.

A MagSafe phone dock for waze, not really worried about charging and don’t want the extra wire clunk.

Haven't seen any yet but interested to know if the iPhone 12 charges wireless in the Model Y. I'm assuming it does, just slower than a MagSafe charger. Keeping an eye on Aliexpress as they'll probably have a whole bunch of MagSafe compatible accessories.

Haven't seen any yet but interested to know if the iPhone 12 charges wireless in the Model Y. I'm assuming it does, just slower than a MagSafe charger. Keeping an eye on Aliexpress as they'll probably have a whole bunch of MagSafe compatible accessories.

It does, still cases cause problems but better than 11 pro max did. I just use a usb c cord from rear console most of the time

The iPhone12 Pro Max charges in Model Y *without* the case. With an Apple MagSafe clear case on, it does not charge.

My iPhone 12 mini didn’t charge with the apple MagSafe case on, or even with no case on at all. Wondering if the Jeda would fix that, or if I should take the Tesla rep’s opinion that Tesla will probably come up with a fix soon. Maybe I’ll buy one of the Amazon prime wireless charging pads compatible with the MY so I can return it easily if it doesn’t work.

My iPhone 12 mini didn’t charge with the apple MagSafe case on, or even with no case on at all. Wondering if the Jeda would fix that, or if I should take the Tesla rep’s opinion that Tesla will probably come up with a fix soon. Maybe I’ll buy one of the Amazon prime wireless charging pads compatible with the MY so I can return it easily if it doesn’t work.

Yeah, seems the coils in the iPhone 12 mini are actually too high which is weird for a small phone. If you take off the bottom rail and just lower it down a centimeter or so (and wedge the bumper/rail in there) it works better. The bad part is that it then sits really low so that you need to leave open that console lid to see it all etc. I might try the Taptes one, but might wait to see what other options become available later.

Yeah, seems the coils in the iPhone 12 mini are actually too high which is weird for a small phone. If you take off the bottom rail and just lower it down a centimeter or so (and wedge the bumper/rail in there) it works better. The bad part is that it then sits really low so that you need to leave open that console lid to see it all etc. I might try the Taptes one, but might wait to see what other options become available later.

That’s the problem? Then a software fix is not going to be the answer and I probably need to replace the wireless charging pad. Not sure how I’m going to figure out which will work fit the mini’s problem. This one looks nice though. Perhaps I’ll just have to order a bunch. Sigh.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08FC5DQRH/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_fabt1_traUFb7AAE3TJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

That’s the problem? Then a software fix is not going to be the answer and I probably need to replace the wireless charging pad. Not sure how I’m going to figure out which will work fit the mini’s problem. This one looks nice though. Perhaps I’ll just have to order a bunch. Sigh.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08FC5DQRH/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_fabt1_traUFb7AAE3TJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Well it is one of them at least. Kinda why I used "works better" ;)
Might be some software tweaks they can make it have it be less sensitive, but at least so far by lowering it it now works say 8 out of 10 times rather than 1 time out of 10 (if that).

Posting to an old thread, but I confirmed with Jowua today that they will be releasing a MagSafe charger mount for Tesla in Q3 of this year. Jowua

They currently have a non-charging mount that connects from the back of the display and a non-MagSafe wireless charger that seem better than others I’ve seen. I want a pure magnetic MagSafe mount.

What would be ideal is Tesla Apple CarPlay support with FaceTime integration using the in-car camera and audio! 🤔😎

Reactions: ucsdsig
I thought they already released a magsafe version:

I think M-S-M was referring specifically to a Magsafe mount with wireless charging built in.

The one you linked appears to be the non-charging mount that he/she also mentioned in their post.

Reactions: M-S-M

That one only holds the iPhone. It does not charge. I want one like that with MagSafe charging.

They have another model that is a wireless charger (not MagSafe) that uses brackets to hold the phone in place.

How well does the standard MagSafe charger hold the iPhone in place?
Holds it reasonably well. I saw a big bump and it did fall off. Otherwise that's the only time. It's more reliable than the Tesla charging pad. I was thinking of just taping a magsafe puck in that location though as I saw someone else do that also. It would def look cleaner but I don't like the viewing position.

Reactions: M-S-M