Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maine–Québec Electric Vehicle Corridor Initiative

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw this thread and run the two destinations through the EV Trip Planner. Someone needs to tell Governor LePage to buy a Tesla. They do not need to spend 170 M $. They need a better car...

He's no longer the Governor. A Democrat is in office now, and she's way more EV friendly. Expect things to start moving in the right direction in Maine.

Reactions: ArcticStation
For the Quebec - Maine corridor the selected cities are Jackman and Skowhegan.

This, of course, is only a portion of Maine's CCS/CHAdeMO deployment plan.

Summary : Each site will have two 50 kW DCFC units and one J1772 station. Construction to start this Spring and Summer. The units will be on the Chargepoint network.

PDF for more details

https://www.efficiencymaine.com/docs/Electric_Vehicle_Supply_Equipment_Working_Plan.pdf

Note that there are already EVGo chargers at Hannaford in Augusta, ME, Topsham, ME, and Portland, ME so adding chargers in Skowhegan, ME and Jackman, ME would built the all-important route from Quebec City, QC to Old Orchard Beach, ME.

Note that there's an error in that document. Under "Priority Fast Charge Corridors" it says
"Route 27 Corridor – From New Hampshire (Coburn Gore) to Boothbay Harbor"
That area doesn't have good connections to New Hampshire. Should be
"Route 27 Corridor – From Quebec (at Coburn Gore) to Boothbay Harbor"
(I've driven up that way a couple of times. The 2nd time was a day trip. Coming back over the border we were asked if we had any fruit or vegetables. "No, just some cheese curds." The border officer didn't seem surprised.)

I emailed Efficiency Maine to let them know to correct it.

• Informative
Reactions: EdA
Is this "a thing" with Hannaford's? I've seen Chademo/CCS stations at several of them (MA and VT). I'd like to get one installed at a store here in NH, but I'm not sure who to contact.

I think EVGo had a deal with Hannaford, as they installed at many locations.
Rumor (mentioned by another user) is that they had a time-limited exclusive deal, which has now expired, and that's why Tesla only now has permits to install at some Hannaford locations.

So I think it's an EVGo choice.

I think EVGo had a deal with Hannaford, as they installed at many locations.
Rumor (mentioned by another user) is that they had a time-limited exclusive deal, which has now expired, and that's why Tesla only now has permits to install at some Hannaford locations.

So I think it's an EVGo choice.
Interesting. The 2 that I've seen in MA (Lowell and Marlboro) are free Chargepoint units.

Résumé : The planned Bridgton, Skowhegan and Jackman locations will not be open this Summer. Maybe this fall.

Not every Hannaford wants to offer EV charging. The one in Bridgton isn't interested, even though all costs would be picked up by the VW settlement.

Instead of photos, I wanted to link to the article, but the site is a month behind.

I did find an article mentioning that Chargepoint originally targeted Naples, but council members found excuses to reject the project.

Naples tables free EV chargers offer

I contacted efficiency Maine and they said the Skowhegan and Jackman sites would not open this fall, either. I didn't ask about other locations.

bridg1.jpg bridg2.jpg