Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mainland Road Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gee, I wonder what's going on here ??
tslahnl.jpg

Nanimac,
I decided to not ship my 70D to Hawaii, it should FLY! It arrived at Pacific Air Cargo off Lagoon Dr. today on my birthday. Talk about a cool birthday present. Once I drove the car off the pallet it became a true 50-State Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fritts
Nanimac,
I decided to not ship my 70D to Hawaii, it should FLY! It arrived at Pacific Air Cargo off Lagoon Dr. today on my birthday. Talk about a cool birthday present. Once I drove the car off the pallet it became a true 50-State Tesla.

Ha! I really thought you weren't going to bring her home! Now we can been twinsies at the next meetup :cool:

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ha! I really thought you weren't going to bring her home! Now we can been twinsies at the next meetup :cool:

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

You realize, though, that one of these days you're going to go to your car in the parking lot of Ala Moana, only to discover the upholstery has turned grey and your dog has put on weight and turned black. Fair warning. ; )

• Funny
Reactions: nanimac
Nanimac,

Wow! That's so cool that your car flew air cargo! For reference's sake, if you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to air freight a car from the West Coast to HI??

Wow! That's so cool that your car flew air cargo! For reference's sake, if you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to air freight a car from the West Coast to HI??

It was a negotiated price that it is best not to reveal publicly. I was very pleased with the transportation. They treated the Tesla the same way they'd treat a Ferrari, and both drop-off and pick-up were quick and painless.

Last edited:
OMG, I hope they treated your car better than a plain old Ferrari.:rolleyes:

Dsmith, you know, I think my Tesla was indeed treated better than a Ferrari. The workers were fascinated with the car and asked lots of questions once they realized that I was a traveling salesman (of sorts) for Tesla. The company's owner has a Tesla and the workers are aware that she has a special affinity towards this type of car. Yep, I can't think of a car that would be better treated than a Tesla at Pacific Air Cargo.

kailuateslas.jpg

Yesterday was the last day of being a two-Tesla owner for a while. Hoping you get to meet Linda, who purchased the 40 and is thrilled with it. Iceman and I now depend upon the 70D for scooting around the island. Hoping to join the gang on June 19th with the 50 state Tesla!

PS: I transferred the Hawaii plate and so I'm still driving a car with a lower numbered plate than Akikiki ; )

Reactions: nanimac
Damn, your finish looks so much nicer than mine. Mine fell victim to some corrosive stuff falling off the ceiling in a parking garage. It made a bunch of pock marks in the paint.
P.S. I'm going to do the lower 48 again this year (at least). Here's my blog: Fellowship of Tou-ring

Too cool! I am just itching to hit the highways again but can't break free this year, so following your blog will be a great solution for me.