Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mainland Road Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 179095
Yesterday was the last day of being a two-Tesla owner for a while. Hoping you get to meet Linda, who purchased the 40 and is thrilled with it. Iceman and I now depend upon the 70D for scooting around the island. Hoping to join the gang on June 19th with the 50 state Tesla!

PS: I transferred the Hawaii plate and so I'm still driving a car with a lower numbered plate than Akikiki ; )

Your pic really shows the burst of color of your newer car vs the black one you had :p

BTW, Happy 1-year anniversary with your blue car!

Last edited:
Check out my camper solution. I just built it today. Tesla pop up

Now, why didn't I think of that? I suppose the refrigerator/freezer was in the way, and a tent was more practical with a dog, but I really like the idea. You can set up and strike camp in no time. Do you have any provision for a mosquito screen covering your fresh air source, or are you planning on using the car's air conditioning system? Also, a straight 85 gives you much better frunk space than a D model, so if you keep the rear of the car primarily for camping you aren't going to waste much time. Neat!

Now, why didn't I think of that? I suppose the refrigerator/freezer was in the way, and a tent was more practical with a dog, but I really like the idea. You can set up and strike camp in no time. Do you have any provision for a mosquito screen covering your fresh air source, or are you planning on using the car's air conditioning system? Also, a straight 85 gives you much better frunk space than a D model, so if you keep the rear of the car primarily for camping you aren't going to waste much time. Neat!
I was planning on sewing in a flap or two over mosquito screening "windows", but a/c might work, I'll test it on a hot day. and yes, most of my personal items are tucked away in the frunk

I'll be in Bay Area on Wednesday! Taking a mini road trip in a rented MS too. Mini Tesla Hawaii meet-up at a Supercharger somewhere ? :)

Iceman, the Tesla, and I don't arrive in LAX until Thursday night, and so we might miss you. We're heading up to the Bay Area on Friday. If there's still a chance for you to say "hi", please send me a PM. It'd be fun if you can. Here would be a blue 2015 Model S with Hawaii plates running into (maybe a bad choice of words??) another Tesla driver with a blue 2015 Model S with Hawaii plates back home.

Iceman, the Tesla, and I don't arrive in LAX until Thursday night, and so we might miss you. We're heading up to the Bay Area on Friday. If there's still a chance for you to say "hi", please send me a PM. It'd be fun if you can. Here would be a blue 2015 Model S with Hawaii plates running into (maybe a bad choice of words??) another Tesla driver with a blue 2015 Model S with Hawaii plates back home.
are you going to going to the TMC Conference in Monterey this year. I need a ride.

your car is racking up those frequent flyer miles too lol...

cool post and video

And so is Iceman!

Have a great trip Papafox!

I've actually completed a large portion of the trip and am back in Hawaii with Iceman, turning the photos and videos into blog posts. Hopefully, I'll get back to the mainland in September to continue the trip.