Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making friends at a Tesla Supercharger....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, really? You're equating not making eye contact as being rude? This bothers me in our society, where extroverts don't understand shy or introverted people, and so they think they are rude or suspicious. It's kind of narrow minded...
Exactly. Thanks for that.

I'll always be polite and friendly when approached, and have tried to help people with the A/B pairing thing or moved the traffic cones for a newly arrived car. But fourteen hour days on the road with five or six Supercharger stops means that I get tired at times and just want to be left alone. Nevertheless, I've had a number of Supercharger stops that lasted longer than needed while I was answering questions from interested members of the general public who were curious about Tesla cars. It depends.

[132 Supercharger stops for me in the last sixteen months — none of them local to my home since the nearest Supercharger Station is 98 miles away.]

Last edited:
What I dislike, and has happened two or three times -- twice alone at Auburn, MA after hours and the mall is closed and deserted.. I've had a non-Tesla car pull in with two people, and drive by the SCs real slow and stop in front of me... not taking photos.. just looking. No other Teslas either. I thought they were going to block my car in (not knowing I couldn't move the car while plugged in anyway) and rob/mug me. But they didn't. Scary for me, an average white male. For a woman, alone in a similar situation, it would have been downright terrifying.

What I dislike, and has happened two or three times -- twice alone at Auburn, MA after hours and the mall is closed and deserted.. I've had a non-Tesla car pull in with two people, and drive by the SCs real slow and stop in front of me... not taking photos.. just looking. No other Teslas either. I thought they were going to block my car in (not knowing I couldn't move the car while plugged in anyway) and rob/mug me. But they didn't. Scary for me, an average white male. For a woman, alone in a similar situation, it would have been downright terrifying.
I had a "very strange looking guy" pull up to us in an Ice at a deserted SC that made me nervous. Turned out he was just curious and asked a bunch of questions which I was happy to answer since we still had about 15 minutes to charge. No pictures taken (that I know of o_O).

every time i've SC here in SoCal, everyone is either in the car on the phone or gone. which is fine by me since all you other tesla owners are NERDS and i don't want to talk to you nerds anyway!

besides, it gives me some time to work on my new modified iso effective linear quadratic biologic effective photon dose equation.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H