Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making it official - getting your # at the store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't everyone received Tesla gifts throughout the years while waiting? I reserved Dec 5th 2009 and periodically, I received little surprises via Fedex. I received a coffee mug, a ball cap, a remote controlled Tesla Roaster and a T-Shirt. There may have been others but I don't remember. I am sure if you are a long time reservation holder, you received those. Right?

Not since at least May 201o. ;) I've never gotten anything like that in the mail, nor anything except a keychain (or three) on a balloon in the store, and the plastic car and badge from the Oct 1 tour. Don't take that as a complaint, just a data point. I broke down and bought my first Tesla shirt yesterday.

Congrats, Greg! Welcome to the fold!

Regarding schwag, I made my reservation in Feb 2010 and later that year (don't recall exactly when), got a Fedex package with a Tesla T-shirt, a coffee mug and a hot wheels Roadster. Sometime later, another package arrived with a remote-controlled scaled down Roadster replica. More recently, at the Santana Row event in March this year, my son was well taken care of and scored the key chain to weigh down the balloon he got :) And, we were at the SR store again this evening; the reps were really nice again to my son who scored a Roadster and a Model S activity books along with that star-shaped crayon thingie. My in-laws got to sit in the sig red beta there and were duly impressed with the whole Tesla experience and treatment!

Congrats, Greg! Welcome to the fold!

Regarding schwag...More recently, at the Santana Row event in March this year, my son was well taken care of and scored the key chain to weigh down the balloon he got :) And, we were at the SR store again this evening; the reps were really nice again to my son who scored a Roadster and a Model S activity books along with that star-shaped crayon thingie. My in-laws got to sit in the sig red beta there and were duly impressed with the whole Tesla experience and treatment!

Thanks GG.
Yeah they watched our kids for the half hour we were gone on our test drive, and they got the same Tesla crossword, maze, and coloring books... with funky crayon. It will become part of the "memorabilia" book we'll make for this day, and the day it arrives. Just kidding - maybe. The balloons helped too. So they did a great job or watching out for our children and keeping them busy. Didn't skip a beat. :)

My friends, who came along for my test drive, made their reservation this morning around 10am. Their number 10636. So 28 reservations in less then 24 hours.

Awesome Dennis! And right as I was leaving, there was another gentleman, registering back there. I think this car is going to take off! People (in the masses) are only just now waking up to Tesla, and the Model S. Word of Mouth (WOM) will take hold here really quickly.

I want to bring a couple of our friends and neighbors down too. Already one of them is stoked after hearing my "testimony." ;)

Didn't everyone received Tesla gifts throughout the years while waiting? I reserved Dec 5th 2009 and periodically, I received little surprises via Fedex. I received a coffee mug, a ball cap, a remote controlled Tesla Roaster and a T-Shirt. There may have been others but I don't remember. I am sure if you are a long time reservation holder, you received those. Right?

I reserved in Feb. 2010 and got those items. I assume the swag pack came about Christmas, but was away from home at the time.

I believe that if you hadn't reserved in 2010 or earlier, you didn't get those items.

Thank you so much SWC-Greg for sharing your retail reservation experience. I've been fantasizing about the day I might do the same thing at the Oakbrook store.

Being a retail insider, I'm thrilled to see that Tesla has found a way to make the in-person reservation experience special. What a great reason to drive traffic into the store and build relationships and loyalty for the Tesla brand.

SWC-Greg, Congratulations on your reservation!

As for swag, the beautifully designed Tesla coffee mug I purchased in April reminds me of my future desire for a Model S.

George, I'm in the Portland area too. Congrats! I'm a shareholder but not a reserver yet so I hit the store and Troy said he would try and get me in a for a test drive, but there were no spots. Just curious, the one thing I haven't been able to figure out from the videos, is how quiet is it in terms of road noise, not just the lack of engine noise? Is it noticeably quieter than a BMW 5 or 6 would you say?