TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Manual

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Kacey Green, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Anyone seen a link to the manual or a copy of it?

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Only 'manual' I've seen was in the glove compartment during the drivearounds. If that was really a Model 3 manual and we weren't being punk'd! :D Nothing online at Testa I can find in the normal places (like changing S/X to 3 in the normal URL.... Hopefully it will pop up when the first non-employees get a car (or sooner!).

• Like x 1
  4. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Member

I doubt it's available in beta form as a PDF.

It could be baked into the car itself and only accessible via the center screen when the car is parked.... to prevent pre-release copies from being released into the wild.

• Like x 2
  5. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

I'd be surprised if the employees actually taking delivery weren't able to access it via their mytesla page. There is important safety information in there, and things like how to get the car in tow mode, etc., that you would want people to be able to access independent of the vehicle. Gut tells me a copy will dribble out within the next month or so.

• Like x 1
  6. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Active Member

Damn....I was hoping this was about an optional stick shift.

• Funny x 4
  7. JoaoD

JoaoD Member

It can be that it is only available in paper for now like most cars. Employees can still read the manual that comes with the car.
    If it is available in your My Tesla it will probably be leaked before a non employee gets the delivery. If not, as soon as the first group of non employees get the delivery it will be out everywhere.

• Like x 1
  8. kort677

kort677 Active Member

for the non existent gears?

• Like x 1
  9. AZGirl

AZGirl Member

FWIW, a Tesla owner a few months back mentioned in a forum that, as part of the car delivery process, you will get a link to your online manual - it speeds up the delivery process and new owner gets a chance to acquaint the self with the car and features right before they receive the car. No mention was made kept a paper manual, but that doesn't mean there won't be one. I wouldn'tt be surprised if the paper one is a reduced version and a much bigger manual is online for you to print out yourself if you want.
    I would love someone to post a link to the manual soon so I wouldn't have to wait until I configure and am near delivery time to read it. (Did anyone ever post a link to a Model S online?) But the manual may not even be finalized yet, Tesla may be asking all employees who get vehicles in The first 2-3 months to give them feedback on readability, points covered, etc. to help make the document better.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Model S and X pdfs are online and have been for ages. Or isn't that what you meant?

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf

11. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

Manual? I think we are going to get a manual about as long as the final reveal. 10 minutes. I think we are going to be on our own to figure out the rest through youtube videos. lol

For goodness sake.....there are no buttons or anything and if you want to play around with a mockup screen....go here:

Model_3_mockup

Or maybe we will get a DVD. I did see an owners manual in the glove box during one of the Model 3 test drives, however it seemed very small.

• Like x 1