Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow just got my VIN today. EDD changed from 5 week Nov 16 - Dec 17 to Oct 24-31.

Now working to get financing and insurance in place. I dont see any place to get the final financing sheet, only a screenshot of total cost. I'm assuming bank will want a more formal document, any idea where to get this? I cant schedule delivery date until full payment is made correct?

For 3rd party insurance, do payments start counting before car is delivered?

Wow just got my VIN today. EDD changed from 5 week Nov 16 - Dec 17 to Oct 24-31.

Now working to get financing and insurance in place. I dont see any place to get the final financing sheet, only a screenshot of total cost. I'm assuming bank will want a more formal document, any idea where to get this? I cant schedule delivery date until full payment is made correct?

For 3rd party insurance, do payments start counting before car is delivered?
Congrats. You should be able to get the motor vehicle purchase agreement (mvpa) under you tesla.com reservation. That's what I sent in. I've scheduled delivery but haven't paid in full yet (still waiting on the cu). Can't help with the insurance...havent gotten that far yet. In MN we have a insurance grace period when replacing a car with a new one, so I was just going to do it after accepting delivery (assuming I do).

Congrats. You should be able to get the motor vehicle purchase agreement (mvpa) under you tesla.com reservation. That's what I sent in. I've scheduled delivery but haven't paid in full yet (still waiting on the cu). Can't help with the insurance...havent gotten that far yet. In MN we have a insurance grace period when replacing a car with a new one, so I was just going to do it after accepting delivery (assuming I do).
Thanks! Got the MVPA from the website. Tesla app still not letting me schedule a delivery date. Any idea when you can schedule a delivery date? Sounds like you dont need to pay them to schedule a delivery date

My MYLR7 in white just moved up to Dec 12-31. Getting closer and tighter. Fingers crossed for 2022 and it keeps moving up.

I actually changed my MYLR7 to an MYLR to try to move up my delivery date. Car is optioned with 20" wheels, the tow hitch and white interior.

The date hasn't moved at all, still sitting tight at Nov 14-Dec 20.

Maybe I'll change back to 7 seater if they start building those.

The resale on my 2018 M3 is dropping like a rock by the week. I'll be amazed if I get $35K for it at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: Brav and randmness
The resale on my 2018 M3 is dropping like a rock by the week. I'll be amazed if I get $35K for it at this point.

We ran into this exact issue for my wife's car. 😭

I had it appraised in July, was offered $38K (more than what we paid for it.) Mid-September, it dropped to $30K, before spiking a little to $33K after Hurricane Ian. Sold it. I just checked yesterday and now they're offering $26K for the same car. Fortunately we had two vehicles, so we've been making it work with one car, but I think alot of the "wait til 2023" crowd is going be surprised when they see what their trade-ins will be appraising for. Assuming we had waited til 2023 for a tax credit, even under the best scenario of Tesla being eligible for the full $7500, we would have lost more than that on our trade-in. That doesnt even factor in the thousands of dollars in extra interest due to the fed rate hikes.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
We ran into this exact issue for my wife's car. 😭

I had it appraised in July, was offered $38K (more than what we paid for it.) Mid-September, it dropped to $30K, before spiking a little to $33K after Hurricane Ian. Sold it. I just checked yesterday and now they're offering $26K for the same car. Fortunately we had two vehicles, so we've been making it work with one car, but I think alot of the "wait til 2023" crowd is going be surprised when they see what their trade-ins will be appraising for. Assuming we had waited til 2023 for a tax credit, even under the best scenario of Tesla being eligible for the full $7500, we would have lost more than that on our trade-in. That doesnt even factor in the thousands of dollars in extra interest due to the fed rate hikes.
I don't have anything to gain by waiting since we won't qualify for the 2023 credit.

It really won't work for me to dump the car now, but selling it in the middle of winter is the worst possible time to do it. Might have to try to sell to a private party.

Reactions: randmness
I don't have anything to gain by waiting since we won't qualify for the 2023 credit.

It really won't work for me to dump the car now, but selling it in the middle of winter is the worst possible time to do it. Might have to try to sell to a private party.

If you think your trade-in will lose a couple more grand between now and delivery, you could potentially change it to the Performance (not sure what the price difference is.) It looks like folks are getting Performance deliveries within as low as a week.

If you think your trade-in will lose a couple more grand between now and delivery, you could potentially change it to the Performance (not sure what the price difference is.) It looks like folks are getting Performance deliveries within as low as a week.
I really don't want the rock hard suspension of the Performance. If Performance was available with the 20" wheels and softer suspension I would do it.

Don’t forget the very expensive offset tires that you can’t rotate. I also sold my car early as the price had dropped 40% since March and it was about to drop even further. The savings paid for all of my accessories including PPF.

Guys who are getting fast delivery dates with no warnings, How Are you even finding out? Is Tesla texting you? This is my biggest fear because I have to run out to Europe and can’t take delivery for a very small 4 day window. Also how do you get a date with no warning and 1 day window? Are you able to delay up to 3 days? I will have to make flight arrangements to get back to take delivery which is not reasonable with 1 day notice. Why is Tesla seeming more and more like a one way street with NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Last edited:
Don’t forget the very expensive offset tires that you can’t rotate. I also sold my car early as the price had dropped 40% since March and it was about to drop even further. The savings paid for all of my accessories including PPF.

Guys who are getting fast delivery dates with no warnings, How Are you even finding out? Is Tesla texting you? This is my biggest fear because I have to run out to Europe and can’t take delivery for a very small 4 day window. Also how do you get a date with no warning and 1 day window? Are you able to delay up to 3 days? I will have to make flight arrangements to get back to take delivery which is not reasonable with 1 day notice. Why is Tesla seeming more and more like a one way street with NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Tesla customer service is poor because they have a product with enormous demand.

Tesla customer service is poor because they have a product with enormous demand.
Completely agree. They have superb products that have absolute advantages so they can get away with poor purchasing and delivering experience and post purchase support.

I only want other manufacturers to get better to force Tesla to do better on other aspects of the business.