Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't have a VIN yet, but since it is Nov 17 and I'm 10 days away from my earliest EDD of Nov 27. Time to look for financing and it looks to be that 99% of banks are financing over 4% for 60-72 months of auto loan. Bummer.
I wouldn’t do any financing until you have s VIN. Most lowest rate banks are doing only a 30 day rate lock.

I disagree, I would go ahead and get pre-approved now. The credit unions I reached out to let me lock the rate for 60-90 days (FedChoice was 60, Navy Fed was 90.) I started getting pre-approvals about 60 days out of my EDD cause I was banking on it arriving early (which it did by almost a month.) Also wanted to hedge against the monthly rate hikes.

If you're looking for some good suggestions, the existing credit union thread is pretty good. The lowest current rate I've seen is 3.3% (but it'll go up again with the next hike in December.)

Last edited:
Reactions: John Haffner
For everyone getting your orders/VIN moving along please make sure to list your build details as white interior cars still appear to be significantly delayed.

I have a March 16 order date and have gotten the text last week about my car being delivered in the next several weeks as well as the one a couple days ago about if I'm interested in a trade in offer on my existing car.

Car I've ordered is LR MY MSM with White interior, tow hitch and 20" wheels.

Delivery still shows Nov 25 to Dec 25 and I have no VIN assigned.

If I had to guess, Tesla is anticipating lots of delayed orders at the end of the year for tax credit and is just assuming they will be quickly re-assigning lots of orders.

Also worth pointing out, Austin still hasn't built a single white interior car that's been delivered and white interior still appears to have major delays other than on Fremont Performance builds.

That i dont know, lol for me, the waiver screen pop up after i logged into my tesla account, I cant do anything or go to the next page without click accept. It like they force you to accept no question asked.
Not a surprise, if you decline I’m sure they aren’t going to modify the car to include USS. My assumption would be your order would be cancelled. It would be interesting to know if their pop-up included any verbiage about declining. You’d assume there is some sort of legalese attached.

I wouldn’t do any financing until you have s VIN. Most lowest rate banks are doing only a 30 day rate lock.
I went with Tesla because as voip-ninja stated, they are currently at 4.99 for both 60-72 months which is actually competitive compared to credit unions and such. I've seen 3.99 credit union in my area but only for 36 month financing which is too rich for my blood, I chose the 72 months so I'm locked in with the lower payments compared to the 60 months. (~$100 difference) but plan on paying the extra $100 to pay it off quicker (around 60 months) anyways. That way, if I need the extra $100 on something else, I wouldn't have to worry about not making my payments 😁 .Unfortunately, I don't have enough cash to pay the car in full on delivery. It is locked for 30 days.

I went with Tesla because as voip-ninja stated, they are currently at 4.99 for both 60-72 months which is actually competitive compared to credit unions and such. I've seen 3.99 credit union in my area but only for 36 month financing which is too rich for my blood, I chose the 72 months so I'm locked in with the lower payments compared to the 60 months. (~$100 difference) but plan on paying the extra $100 to pay it off quicker (around 60 months) anyways. That way, if I need the extra $100 on something else, I wouldn't have to worry about not making my payments 😁 .Unfortunately, I don't have enough cash to pay the car in full on delivery. It is locked for 30 days.
I think the current rate at FedChoice Credit Union is 3.3% for 72 months (until the next rate hike.)

Reactions: slvervper99