Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the March orders pouring in and everyone is talking about Matrix headlights and cargo cover. Is the PPF on the rear rocker panel and rear mud flaps still standard on new Model Y deliveries? Just inquiring if this is still going to be on my checklist or if I should ask the SA when I pick up the car (not that my actual delivery is here) but just getting ready 🤣 . In any case, I am 1 week away from my earliest EDD (11/27) and nothing. Maybe I'll hear something tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. Still no code for the mobile charging unit as well.

Mud flaps and rear PPF are only included in certain locations. Bizarrely they are not included in Colorado where they actually might be needed.

Finally got everything scheduled for my delivery.

MSM - LRY5 - Black Interior - Gemini - Nothing Else
VIN: 2023 - Austin Build - 7SAYGDEEXPA0XXXXX
Ordered: March 1, 2022
Delivery Appt: November 21, 2022
Took delivery today.

Looked over the car and couldn’t really see anything misaligned. No matrix or USS. Did come with the cargo cover. Will need to check in the morning for the camera lenses.

Hi there! I am Tom and new to forum. I ordered MYLR, silver, white interior, Gemini wheels on March 10. Hoping to get car in early January!!
We have the same build and I ordered a few days later than yours and I have an EDD of 11/27-12/25. So you may get a December delivery instead of January. But, what do I know......Tesla is like the weather in Florida....it's 100 degrees in the morning, then monsoon by lunch then back to dry weather 2 hrs later 😂

New EDD today, 12/1 to 12/29. Why do they even bother giving us EDDs? So frustrating!

Blue/White/20”/tow. Ordered 3/6
We got a text from the SA at our local service center late this afternoon asking if we would be interested in a Blue/White/tow with 19” wheels instead of the 20” we ordered. We said yes and had a VIN in our account within a few minutes. It’s on a truck arriving at the center tonight and we’re scheduled to pick up Wednesday morning! Happy we don’t have to reapply for financing which expires on Nov 30!

We got a text from the SA at our local service center late this afternoon asking if we would be interested in a Blue/White/tow with 19” wheels instead of the 20” we ordered. We said yes and had a VIN in our account within a few minutes. It’s on a truck arriving at the center tonight and we’re scheduled to pick up Wednesday morning! Happy we don’t have to reapply for financing which expires on Nov 30!

Did the price get reduced accordingly with the gemini's?

I’d be interested to see the differences in our cars. I just picked up an Austin build today but it was one of the last 2022’s.
Blue paint, Gemini wheels, black interior
Came with USS, trunk cover, and mud flaps, “wood” trim
No matrix, no new cameras.
Also ordered March 1
Looking over the car I saw no physical flaws. If I was picky I’d complain about the dust in the cabin everywhere. Not a thick layer but enough to be noticeable. I did have issues downloading games in the arcade which I submitted a service ticket for after soft reset did nothing.
So my car didnt really come with anything out of the ordinary.

2023 Austin - MSM - LR5- Black Interior - Nothing Else
Ordered March 1, 2022, Delivered November 21, 2022
No matrix headlights, older style cameras, no mudflaps, no PPF. It did come with a cargo cover.

Couldnt really notice any physical flaws as well. According to the screen, the car was built in November 2022, so I guess it has the latest suspension updates. It honestly doesnt feel worlds different than the car we drove earlier this year, so maybe the suspension updates were a bit more incremental. I thought I would hate the 19" Geminis, but I think they look better in person and will probably leave them (I did pick up some center caps for them.) It would've been nice to get the Matrix headlights, but overall the wife is happy so that's all that matters lol.

We have a small roadtrip coming up so it'll be interesting to see how it drives in comparison to my M3P.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpeg
    IMG_0675.jpeg
    667.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0672.jpeg
    IMG_0672.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0674.jpeg
    IMG_0674.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0677.jpeg
    IMG_0677.jpeg
    570.8 KB · Views: 73
So my car didnt really come with anything out of the ordinary.

2023 Austin - MSM - LR5- Black Interior - Nothing Else
Ordered March 1, 2022, Delivered November 21, 2022
No matrix headlights, older style cameras, no mudflaps, no PPF. It did come with a cargo cover.

Couldnt really notice any physical flaws as well. According to the screen, the car was built in November 2022, so I guess it has the latest suspension updates. It honestly doesnt feel worlds different than the car we drove earlier this year, so maybe the suspension updates were a bit more incremental. I thought I would hate the 19" Geminis, but I think they look better in person and will probably leave them (I did pick up some center caps for them.) It would've been nice to get the Matrix headlights, but overall the wife is happy so that's all that matters lol.

We have a small roadtrip coming up so it'll be interesting to see how it drives in comparison to my M3P.
look nice, still waiting on tesla to contact me about schedule delivery, got the Vin last thursday wonder how long it will take? lol

Reactions: randmness
Got VIN today...was hoping to push to 2023.
ETA Dec 6-13 Fremont built. Made me sign USS waiver.
i think they gonna try to push out alot of car. You can try to put a hold on ur car and see if it push to next year. I read alot of ppl are trying to do that but not sure how effective that gonna be. I have the same EDD as you and i got my Vin last thursday. Hopefully i dont wait that long. I want my car soon lol

i think they gonna try to push out alot of car. You can try to put a hold on ur car and see if it push to next year. I read alot of ppl are trying to do that but not sure how effective that gonna be. I have the same EDD as you and i got my Vin last thursday. Hopefully i dont wait that long. I want my car soon lol

I think there's a lot of cancellation and delay from buyers due to rising interest rate, lay offs, and tax credit. My contract states to take delivery within 30 days of first notice which is today. I'll just schedule the delivery but open to refuse the car if the QC is bad.

Config is MSM/Black LR7 19" wheel with tow

I think the only thing that has kinda annoyed me with our recently-delivered LRY is the lack of the Tesla-Vision alternative for the USS. The Tesla SC in Rockville, MD is kinda new (used to be an old BMW building.) They park the cars for delivery on the top level of the garage; you have to go down a few levels to get out. The garage itself is relatively tight, so we had to do a three-point turn to make these 90 degree-barricaded turns. Not knowing where the front of the car made me super cautious, but I imagine a few folks are gonna scrape their new cars trying to get out. 😭